• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb -MG Beta needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb -MG (27k) Beta needed

I'm looking for a beta reader (or readers) for my MG novel, Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb. It's just under 27,000 words and I'm happy to beta your MG or YA in return (up to around 50K or so). The manuscript is fairly polished, having been through a round of betas (plus tons of self editing) already.

The more detailed the feedback the better, but I am glad to get anything. Also, no holding back required. I can take quite a bit of abuse, especially if it's deserved.

I think, sending (or exchanging) 3 chapters would be a good place to start. If an experienced member did want the whole thing I'd be happy to do that as well.
---

After a failed attempt at running away, best friends Nathan and Misty return home expecting to face angry parents. Instead, they discover the military has destroyed the bridges out of their rural town and everyone has fled--except for a small horde of the living dead.

If zombie neighbors aren’t bad enough, there’s the flock of 'flying dead' chickens, or even scarier, learning chemistry from their undead math teacher--and don’t forget the deadly zombie snot.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Good advice: Turns out lemon juice neutralizes the undead. Even with the help of Kali, the town geek and lemonade-powered super-soakers, there’s not enough time to squeeze their way out of this sticky mess, because unless the trio eradicate the zombie infestation, the military will blow the town, and them, to pulp.

There only shot is something with a lot more punch. Something like the Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb. Just one problem: Someone has to be the bait to lure the zombies into the trap.

My middle grade novel, SUPER ZOMBIE JUICE MEGA BOMB, is complete at 27,000 words. The manuscript is available upon request. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Last edited:

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
I did get one beta (with some very helpful points). I've made some updates to my manuscript and am looking for another beta or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.