Better Off Ted...anyone?

AuburnAssassin

Darkly Romantic Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
clairegillian.wordpress.com
Does anyone else besides me watch this? It looks like a new episode runs tonight...at least as far as I can tell.

My favorite so far has been the computer system that automatically opened doors, turned on the water fountain, etc. when it sensed a person approaching. Only problem was the system couldn't detect Black people. So doing what it thought was the "PC thing", the company hired White people to accompany the Black people to trigger the computer. This then created a discriminatory hiring practice since they only hired Whites for that particular job. Management finally convinced the Board to pull the computer system when they showed a graph of the total estimated employees and drolly pointed out that they didn't have enough parking to accommodate them all.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I freaking love Better Off Ted. Phil and Lem are hilarious. So is Portia di Rossi OMG! The characters are really sweet despite the cruel humor of the show.

This month I LOLed at real life imitating television, when it was reported that HP face-recognition cameras couldn't recognize black people: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8429634.stm

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I have seen two or three episodes (they show it right after The Office) but the problem is that they show it in FX, which I seldom see, so I must always set an alarm to remind myself to see it. I forgot to put the alarm yesterday, so I missed it, damn.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I watched it for the first time last week (while I was off work)...

...It's hilarious - especially Phil and Lem :)