Handed in my second novel - yay!

spacejock2

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spacejock.com.au
Hal Spacejock book one comes out in 4-5 weeks, and initial feedback from my publisher is that it's doing well with distributors and book stores.

I just handed in the final draft of book two, and my editor wrote to say she's loving it. That one's coming out April 2006.

Finally, I'm currently putting the finishing touches to Hal Spacejock book three, months ahead of schedule. It's the final book covered by my contract, and will be released in September 2006.

It's taken me ten years of hard slog to get to this stage - the next five or six weeks are going to be an agony of waiting. Will it sell? Be ignored? Hit the bestseller lists? (as if!) I'm not sure whether to disconnect from the 'net and play PC games for 2 months, or whether to sit here 24/7 waiting for updates. Probably a bit of each...

Cheers
Simon

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations - run through Half-Life 2 again!

spacejock2

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spacejock.com.au
Thanks for all the messages, much appreciated. I found out on Thursday when the book launch is, although I suspect most of you are on the other side of the planet ;-) (I live in Australia.)

Anyway, it's going to be at a local Dymocks branch on the 31st August, and they're already cranking up the publicity machine. I'm going to do my bit as well, because the last thing any writer wants is three family members and a stray passerby at their book launch.

Cheers
Simon