Whatcha doin' at this very moment? (Volume 2)

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
Not much, sitting and wondering if to shower, but feeling soo lazy after dinner.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SMILING IN DEFIANCE!!!!

I woke up this morning to a busted hot water heater leaking all over my basement floor. Bummer. Then, I realized that the house was a little chilly and looked at the thermostat. It's farkin' cold. Either I'm out of oil or the furnace is busted too. I went to the kitchen to make eggs. NO HOT SAUCE! That's a damn catastrophe in my book. And to top it all off, I'm out of coffee too.

It seems the universe is trying to break my stride today and I'M NOT HAVING IT!

I have a plan:
1.) Send kids to school.
2.) Call hot water heater repair dude.
3.) Call oil company.
4.) Go to grocery store and replenish foodstuffs before hot water heater repair dude gets here.
5.) Transfer money back and forth in my bank account until I can convince myself I have enough money to pay for all of these things.
6.) Bat eyelashes at oil company guy.
7.) Get smirked at by oil company guy.
8.) Put oil on credit card.
9.) Enjoy scrambled eggs with hot sauce and coffee for dinner.
10.) Go to work.

I can do this. Yes, I can.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
you don't have to take this crap, KM.....!!! don't stand for it!

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
Wondering why I thought drinking coffee this morning was a good idea.

I made breakfast for the kids this morning with sausage, eggs, mushrooms, cheese and hashbrowns all scrambled together in butter (they don't have heart trouble yet--I'm hoping to make them immune by starting them off young) and creme brulee coffee. Of course, I couldn't resist the coffee and we added hot chocolate mix to the coffee in our cups and it was BEYOND yummy.

Now, of course, I have to pee every few minutes. However, I work in the basement and we have a babygate blocking the stairs so the dogs won't go up and tear up the trash or piddle/poo on the carpet when they think we won't notice. SO, whenever I get that desperate urge (and I mean DESPERATE--As soon as I feel it, it's too late), I have to run through the obstacle course that is the basement, stop to move the babygate and put it back, run up the stairs, through the kitchen, the dining room and down the hall to the bathroom.

Given my heart issues, I have a problem with moving that fast and surviving the trek unscathed. So, I wind up sitting there, gasping for breath and searching for my SL NTG.

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
Mourning over failed popcorns in microwave.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Editing!

Last edited:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Sigh.*

I had my plans all messed up today. Was supposed to go out. Our oil burner decided to start dripping water all over the place. So I couldn't go anywhere, had to wait for them to come fix the burner.

Now I am waiting. Waiting. Waiting to be able to go out.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wondering why I thought drinking coffee this morning was a good idea.

I made breakfast for the kids this morning with sausage, eggs, mushrooms, cheese and hashbrowns all scrambled together in butter (they don't have heart trouble yet--I'm hoping to make them immune by starting them off young) and creme brulee coffee. Of course, I couldn't resist the coffee and we added hot chocolate mix to the coffee in our cups and it was BEYOND yummy.

Now, of course, I have to pee every few minutes. However, I work in the basement and we have a babygate blocking the stairs so the dogs won't go up and tear up the trash or piddle/poo on the carpet when they think we won't notice. SO, whenever I get that desperate urge (and I mean DESPERATE--As soon as I feel it, it's too late), I have to run through the obstacle course that is the basement, stop to move the babygate and put it back, run up the stairs, through the kitchen, the dining room and down the hall to the bathroom.

Given my heart issues, I have a problem with moving that fast and surviving the trek unscathed. So, I wind up sitting there, gasping for breath and searching for my SL NTG.

Going to Jodi's house to beg for food.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Not doing so well today. Fighting it, but it's definitely got its tendrils into me.

Thinking about digging out my ElfQuest comic collection. Going through them always makes me want to draw beautifully, and write a story I will love no matter how many times I read it.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
Going to Jodi's house to beg for food.

Come on over. I just took boneless, skinless chicken breasts out of the freezer to thaw for supper. I'm making chicken pot pie tonite with the chicken, mushrooms, some mixed vegetables and topping it with a cheddar-garlic drop crust.

I love to cook. I just don't get to do it as much as I used to, though I've certainly got time.

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
I'm wondering how rude people can be....

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
sadron: very!

I'm trying to get myself to eat this chocolate, but can't seem to find the motivation

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
School just called. Due to weather, all the rural kids are getting sent home early.
Yay. Maybe this means the parent group meeting tonight will be canceled.

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah Cella. It makes me sad to see how rude people can be and why they act like that. Especially on forums.

Kitty

weeeeeeeee *thud*
Registered
Reaction score
drinking a very large coffee and wondering why the hell I'm still awake

*wanders off twitching*

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
The anonymity of the internet lets people do or say things they wouldn't IRL.

Kitty

weeeeeeeee *thud*
Registered
Reaction score
...or perhaps say things political correctness in RL would stop them from saying.

Forums are a great tool for just getting it out in the open. If used properly, can lead to more honesty. That's always a good thing :)

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
You said the same thing I did, just from the other side. I didn't say the internet "makes" them, I said it "lets" them.

But it also "lets" people say things they wouldn't say IRL because they would look like a complete doucher. I'd argue that's also a good thing because it lets you see who the douchers are.

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
Yawning. Thinking about reviewing the subjunctive form of French verbs. Yawning again just from think about verbs.