Strangest story descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
So here's the strangest one I've seen so far. It was described as "Twilight meets Saw".

I imagine I looked something like this :Wha: when I heard that one used.

What's the strangest one you've heard?

Tedium

Le sigh.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Someone I knew said she was writing a book that was basically a My Little Pony fanfic. She even said she was talking to a lady to get it published.

Not sure that counts and I'm pretty sure she was lying about the publishing bit. Maybe I just hate My Little Pony. I did read some of it that she posted on her blog and it was horrible. *Shrug*

megan_d

Falling in the milk
Registered
Reaction score
I too would watch or read twilight meets Saw, and I'm not a fan of either franchise. Which I guess means the description does its job...

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
My problem with that particular description is I can't picture it at all. I mean right now I'm picturing Bella and Edward running through a maze of life threatening traps and at the end when they go in for a kiss both of their heads get chopped off or something.

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
My problem with that particular description is I can't picture it at all. I mean right now I'm picturing Bella and Edward running through a maze of life threatening traps and at the end when they go in for a kiss both of their heads get chopped off or something.

That's what's awesome about it. :D

We also have Jane Austen meets Night of the Living Dead (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies).

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
Er -- I can't say I have ever paid enough attention to unusual book descriptions to recall one now, but the other day I thought of a really unusual way to describe my own writing. I don't think I'll share it, though, because it's kind of vulgar and goofy.

This thread did remind me of it, though, and recalling that I ever thought this about myself made me wonder what in hell is wrong with me.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Er -- I can't say I have ever paid enough attention to unusual book descriptions to recall one now, but the other day I thought of a really unusual way to describe my own writing. I don't think I'll share it, though, because it's kind of vulgar and goofy.
Now I want to know what it is. :D

I see good things from icerose's proposed plot for Twilight meets Saw. Especially the ending. It's unconventional in straying from the HEA!

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Mine: Catch-22 in supernatural Transylvania.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
haha, backslashbaby that's awesome. ;)

This isn't quite along the same lines, but just a few days ago I was talking with a friend about some Terry Pratchett books, and he was telling me about how there's a rat grim reaper who flies around on a crow and the crow pretends that it's not really his steed, etc. Partway through the conversation I just stopped and went, "You know, if anyone didn't know Terry Pratchett, this would sound completely insane."

This just made me think of that. :)

AryaT92

Banned
Reaction score
Saw.. on ice.

Saw meets Alvin and the Chipmunks.. the Squeakel.

Think about that.

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
Mine's not too strange: Xena meets Blade Runner.

(For anime/manga fans, I describe it as Gunsmith Cats/Dirty Pair meets Appleseed with a splash of a Bubblegum Crisis/Akira/AD Police/Ghost in the Shell future)

Status
Not open for further replies.