PDA

View Full Version : Strangest story descriptions.

icerose
12-27-2009, 06:43 AM
So here's the strangest one I've seen so far. It was described as "Twilight meets Saw".

I imagine I looked something like this :Wha: when I heard that one used.

What's the strangest one you've heard?

ChaosTitan
12-27-2009, 08:33 AM
"Twilight meets Saw".

Dude....if that was a movie, I'd watch it. :D

Tedium
12-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Someone I knew said she was writing a book that was basically a My Little Pony fanfic. She even said she was talking to a lady to get it published.

Not sure that counts and I'm pretty sure she was lying about the publishing bit. Maybe I just hate My Little Pony. I did read some of it that she posted on her blog and it was horrible. *Shrug*

megan_d
12-27-2009, 11:45 AM
I too would watch or read twilight meets Saw, and I'm not a fan of either franchise. Which I guess means the description does its job...

icerose
12-27-2009, 06:03 PM
My problem with that particular description is I can't picture it at all. I mean right now I'm picturing Bella and Edward running through a maze of life threatening traps and at the end when they go in for a kiss both of their heads get chopped off or something.

swvaughn
12-27-2009, 07:31 PM
My problem with that particular description is I can't picture it at all. I mean right now I'm picturing Bella and Edward running through a maze of life threatening traps and at the end when they go in for a kiss both of their heads get chopped off or something.

That's what's awesome about it. :D

We also have Jane Austen meets Night of the Living Dead (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies).

Libbie
12-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Er -- I can't say I have ever paid enough attention to unusual book descriptions to recall one now, but the other day I thought of a really unusual way to describe my own writing. I don't think I'll share it, though, because it's kind of vulgar and goofy.

This thread did remind me of it, though, and recalling that I ever thought this about myself made me wonder what in hell is wrong with me.

Matera the Mad
12-30-2009, 07:56 AM
The nuttiest I can think of is my own: Oliver Twist meets the Lord of the Rings with a cream pie.

Namatu
12-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Er -- I can't say I have ever paid enough attention to unusual book descriptions to recall one now, but the other day I thought of a really unusual way to describe my own writing. I don't think I'll share it, though, because it's kind of vulgar and goofy.Now I want to know what it is. :D

I see good things from icerose's proposed plot for Twilight meets Saw. Especially the ending. It's unconventional in straying from the HEA!

DWSTXS
12-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Mine was different. Moses meets Terminator

Calla Lily
12-30-2009, 07:01 PM
One of mine: Dracula meets Cinderella.

kuwisdelu
12-30-2009, 07:32 PM
My own: Roland Emmerich remakes Pretty Woman.

backslashbaby
12-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Mine: Catch-22 in supernatural Transylvania.

kaitie
12-30-2009, 09:15 PM
haha, backslashbaby that's awesome. ;)

This isn't quite along the same lines, but just a few days ago I was talking with a friend about some Terry Pratchett books, and he was telling me about how there's a rat grim reaper who flies around on a crow and the crow pretends that it's not really his steed, etc. Partway through the conversation I just stopped and went, "You know, if anyone didn't know Terry Pratchett, this would sound completely insane."

This just made me think of that. :)

AryaT92
12-30-2009, 09:22 PM
Saw.. on ice.

Saw meets Alvin and the Chipmunks.. the Squeakel.

Think about that.

AceTachyon
12-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Mine's not too strange: Xena meets Blade Runner.

(For anime/manga fans, I describe it as Gunsmith Cats/Dirty Pair meets Appleseed with a splash of a Bubblegum Crisis/Akira/AD Police/Ghost in the Shell future)