PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Beta for MG novel

HMS
12-27-2009, 02:30 AM
I am looking for a beta for a 17,000 word MG humorous manuscript (at least I hope so).
It's a portal/fantasy/adventure book aimed at boys. The main character is worried he's getting too old for monster stories. But what comes next is even scarier than monsters ... girls!
Thanks.

alleycat
12-27-2009, 02:40 AM
I might be able to get a 12-(almost 13)-year-old boy to read it if you're interested.

HMS
12-27-2009, 03:24 AM
Does he like the Wimpy kid books? My manuscript is about that level.

alleycat
12-27-2009, 03:37 AM
He's a soccer playing, clarinet playing kid . . . he's probably considered a wimpy kid himself! ;-)

His mother is always looking for good stuff that will keep his interest in reading. He's read some of the better known MG stuff, so it's not like she has to force him to read. Your WIP sounded like something he might enjoy.

Anyway, it was just a thought. I thought you might be interested in having someone of that age group read your manuscript. He might not offer the most complete critique, but like most kids of that age, I'm sure he would be brutally honest about whether he liked it or not.

benhen
12-28-2009, 03:10 AM
Hi! I'm 12 years old and I would be happy to beta your MG. I've read the wimpy kid books and I enjoy reading sci-fi, mystery, action, and humorous MG novels.

HMS
12-30-2009, 09:46 AM
Benhen
I'd love it if you would be a beta reader for me. I'll send you an private message.
Many thanks

benhen
01-06-2010, 05:16 AM
Benhen
I'd love it if you would be a beta reader for me. I'll send you an private message.
Many thanks

Did you send me a message? I haven't gotten anything yet.