Footprints on Moon

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
That was the headline of the front page of The Dallas Times Herald on July 21, 1969.

I know because I was cleaning out some papers on my bookshelf and I found a folder marked 'Articles' and I opened it and found the entire front section of the newspaper from 1969. It's quite yellowed, but it is intact.
The price of the newspaper that day was ten cents.

On the back page of that section is a full page advertisement for a Sealy Posturelock mattress. price? $39.95 Of course, that was at Sanger Harris department store, which is now long gone.

In the same folder, I found another full newspaper, this one from Friday, August 9th, 1974, the headline on this one reads: Nixon Resigns Presidency Today, Gerald Ford to Take Office at Noon.

The back page advertisement of this one has a half-page ad for a Kenmore Zig-Zag sewing machine. price, $89

I just found these to be interesting, and thought I'd share. I'm a big time history buff, and I was at just the right age in 1969 and 1974 to know what was going on, and to appreciate the significance of the events.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That is interesting, Doyle. How much is a Kenmore sewing machine today? $200 or more? :) Many thx.

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I have a few papers like that from my grand parents. One is about the Japanese Surrendering in WW2 and there's one about man walking on the moon. They kept the entire news papers, not just the article, it's funny to look through it.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
That is interesting, Doyle. How much is a Kenmore sewing machine today? $200 or more? :) Many thx.

I have no idea, and I don't care. I only mentioned it because there was an advertisement for a sewing machine in the first place, you know, to show how times have changed?

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Uh, wow. That's quite a response to her question that was doing exactly the same thing.