Excited about: Presents

Greenify13

Fair Maiden of War.
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, another Christmas thread. Merry Christmas to all!

As I was saying, I am excited about presents and the hopeful outcome of tomorrow. It has not been a merry year by any measure. Even a moment that should have been happy was learned about on the worse day of the year. A lot of loss this year but I am ever hopeful.
I have side-tracked but on the hopeful note, I can't wait 'til my son (and others of course, but him most of all) opens his presents. It excites me, I hope he'll like everything, he's only two so he likes almost everything. However there is always the niggling worry that someone won't like their present at all. I hate that worry, even now my headache worsens for it.

Anyone else excited for other people or children to open their presents?

Oh and the mess, I can't stand messes but the Christmas wrapping papper chaos is the best!

Greenify13

Fair Maiden of War.
Registered
Reaction score
I think I read in another thread, but I could be wrong...that the present may be from you? In either way...I would be excited too, especially if it is what I think it could be... :D

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I already got most of my presents. My family opens presents on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas Day.
Notable gifts:
The Absolute Death (Omnibus) I feel like I'm lugging around a grimoire from the Medieval period. It is a VERY nice book.
A nook
iTouch
PS3 + Assassins Creed II + Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Some lovely chocolate oranges, which I hear were hard to hunt down because they came out with toffee flavor, who wants toffee flavor oranges?
Nice little cross pendant
Some $30 in iTunes gift cards.

Some other stuff that escapes me atm.

I feel spoiled, and kinda bad about people spending so much on me...but I thanked and hugged them multiple times, so that helps relieve my stress a bit.

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not getting the present I want. :( According to my family, if I want a $600 gift on the worst economic year in history, I need to ask for it sooner than Christmas Eve. Bah humbug, I say.

They'll like their gifts because they picked them out. ;)

On the plus side, I'm probably going to get a Mac Mini for New Years. Better late than never.

Last edited:

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
worst economic year in history
Tell them they're wrong. The Great Depression trumps this in so many ways it's not even funny. We're doing pretty well for a recession. Recession's are a natural thing, part of the economic cycle.
Climax of the market, to the contraction of the market, to the lowest point of the market, then an expansion of the market, which leads back to the climax, and the cycle continues.
Part of being a good investor, or a good agent for an investor, is determining when the contraction is about to occur so you can sell for the highest, or near-highest amount possible.

Last edited:

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm definitely excited about my father-in-law and his brother opening their presents. They are hardback self-published books we made up from boxes of slides that were taken of them and their parents and grandparents and children during the 1950s to 1980s, which we scanned in, cleaned up on the computer and arranged. It took three months to do it and we know they won't have seen some of these images for decades. They usually phone or text on Christmas Day, so I'm hoping we'll hear whether they liked them. It's a present I really enjoyed giving.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm definitely excited about my father-in-law and his brother opening their presents. They are hardback self-published books we made up from boxes of slides that were taken of them and their parents and grandparents and children during the 1950s to 1980s, which we scanned in, cleaned up on the computer and arranged. It took three months to do it and we know they won't have seen some of these images for decades. They usually phone or text on Christmas Day, so I'm hoping we'll hear whether they liked them. It's a present I really enjoyed giving.

Great idea :)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
A very Merry Christmas 'n Happy New Year to all and hope it's the best Xmas ever. Praying that 2010 will be smoother than 2009 for everybody. :Hug2:s Oh, I get excited when Mr. Susie opens his present. He's like a little boy, all excited and smiley. :D

Last edited:

Greenify13

Fair Maiden of War.
Registered
Reaction score
So my excitement was appeased, and it was well-worth it. Everyone liked their gifts so far, and my son absolutely loved his. I got a neck messager. I will be getting one more present, but that's not until next week, New Years eve when the whole family get-together thing happens. We (adults) drew names this year for the family, I truly hope the person I drew likes her present. I also truly hope I don't get gipped and someone awful drew my name. It may sound selfish, but some people are very bad at gift-giving.
And then there are more kids that have yet to open their presents, still excited about that, but that will only grow when the time gets closer. Isaac is still the best above all! He would actually open the present, and then go "Ooooh!" It was so sweet. :D

I'm sorry, I rambled! You are all great, such great ideas and excitement. Excitement even feels healthy, like our life needs more of it.

I hope you all have more excitement, joy and hopes fulfilled in the new year. Truly I do, after a year like this one, we all need some hope and happiness. :Hug2:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I had such a happy, fun time, thank you :D I love seeing folks open their gifts, always have! I adore watching children's excitement :D

One of the cutest gifts this year was just a happenstance: Dad and I were out and saw electric blankets and he said they really are great to use. Cool. He got me one right there. What we didn't realize is how insanely cute my little dogs would be about it. OMG - the Magic Blanket. Life is wonderful with adorable dogs enjoying a Magic Blanket :D

Happy New year, y'all :D

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
My kids (11 & 12) got nintendo DSs and games- they haven't put them down once yet!

My husband and I decided not to exchange and just got a TV for our bedroom instead- granted it is a 37 inch flatscreen, but damn I hate being pratical- it is also the first year my family decided not to exchange as well, so end result, I didn't get anything for Christmas- allow me to pout just a little:(

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I think the best present for me is having a wonderful guy in my life for once. Otherwise I like every gift I received.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I think the best present for me is having a wonderful guy in my life for once. Otherwise I like every gift I received.

:heart:

Swap "guy" for "girl" and that's me. ;)

:partyguy::partyguy::partyguy:

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Me too. That said, the whisky was MUCH appreciated. :D

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Pfft! :D

Presents rock, but these days I just personally feel that the important bit is being with friends and family. I'd had some crappy family stuff this year, so a peaceful day beat the prezzies. :)

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah and with a shitty year almost up, I'm looking forward to 2010.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

AryaT92

Banned
Reaction score
iPhone and vacation to Florida along with some clothes..

Now I can wear my new clothes in Florida while constantly refreshing my email with my iPhone ;)