Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 42

I installed a security patch from vBulletin yesterday morning.

They did NOT tell us that the patch changed the way AW used browser cookies. I do apologize if you've been affected.

You may find that you have to keep logging in to AW, repeatedly, instead of having the cookies just remember your log in.

If you're having problems:

1. Make sure you know your AW log in. If you've forgotten your password, you can use this link to have a reset password emailed to you.

2. Log off from AW (click Log Out on the top ritht)

3. Clear your browser's cookies (or just the Absolute Write ones)

4. Clear your browser cache

5. Quit your browser, completely.

6. Log back in to AW

Last edited by a moderator:

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you darlin'. I wondered what was wrong. Merriest of Christmas Eve's to you...even if you don't celebrate Christmas...happy Thursday night. Don't have time to do what you said right now, but at least I know how to fix it.

MM

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
:) And if you can't remember your password, the system will email it to you -- there's a link on the login screen. Otherwise, you can email me at MacAllister4modstuff (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll tell the system to email your password to you, or reset it for you.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been trying to log in to SYW, but the password doesn't work. I cleared my cookies and it still doesn’t work.

How can I fix it?

Thanks,

Trish.
I'm not trying to be insulting, but are you sure you're using all lowercase letters?

Trish

Registered
Reaction score
Website
childrens-books-author-p-puddle.com
alleycat, no, I wasn’t using lower case. Don't know why I couldn't get in to SYW. I did what Medievalist said above and cleared my cookies, but it still didn't work, but maybe I had to turn my computer off as well because when I turned it on again this morning, it worked. Thanks for replying.

Trish :)

Deleted member 42

You need to clear your cookies and then Quit the browser. If you do not Quit, the browser "remembers" the old, possibly damaged, cookie.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've mentioned this before . . . for those of you who don't already do it, it's a good idea to clean up everything every so often (perhaps each time you log off the Internet, or when you power your computer off). If you use a cleaner like ATF or CleanUp! (both free) it only takes a few moments.

Trish

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks Medievalist. It's working now. (Sorry to be a thickhead, but what does 'Quit the browser' mean? Is it the same as 'Delete browsing history on exit'? Or do you just mean close the browser? )

I deleted temporary files, history, cookies and saved passwords, and web information, then hit okay. That worked once I had turned off my computer, then booted it up again.

Thanks,

Trish.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Close your browser (exit).

Trish

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Oh, gosh, I hope I haven't deleted anything important. Yipes! There was only one delete button in my 'Internet options - General - Browsing history,' and I hit it. :(

Aw Admin, where is the built in Aw tool?

Thanks.

Trish.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Click the link in AW Admin's post above your post.

Trish

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I did use that link last night, alleycat, but I had to do the manual one as the other one didn't work. It's working now though. (I just hope I haven't deleted too much.)

Thanks for the help everyone.

Trish. :)

Reaction score
HALP HALP I'M BEING OPPRESSED!!!

I tried everything. Logging out (which doesn't work. AW refuses to 'forget' me), clearing cookies, history, closing the browser, opening it up again, even rebooting...

But every time I come back to AW, I'm automatically logged in but cannot get into the Bordello with the usual erotica SYW password on this computer.

I'm using IE8 on a Vista laptop.

Works fine on my XP netbook with IE8, though.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Try running Crap Cleaner, SP. If you are still having bother then use another browser in the meantime to see if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.