Warcraft DOTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else play this? Got any tips for me?
I played a few of these way back when it first started, but I didn't like. Kind of got back into it, since mauls seem hard to find for some reason...

Right now I like:
Draconic Knight with Yanga&Sashe+Battle Fury+Perseverance+Bloodstone
or
Zeus with Void Stone+Orchid Malevolence+Perseverence+Bloodstone

AryaT92

Banned
Reaction score
You need to get HoN, it's EXACTLY like DotA but no leavers and better graphics.

Heroes of Newerth, exactly the same.

AryaT92

Banned
Reaction score
You can buy beta keys on the website, it is truly amazing.. Once you get used to it, the heros are exactly the same, items the same, moves the same, better graphics for everything though and it elminates all leavers because if you leave too often you can't join games anymore and everyone knows that you are a leaver.

It also has stats like W3 but for DotA, kill counts, etc.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Is there any way to get a pass to leave a game, or do you just have to be very sure about your schedule?
I'm often interrupted at the computer, or my internet will sometimes just drop me. Doesn't happen often, but every once in awhile...

AryaT92

Banned
Reaction score
That's the cool thing.. If you drop and log back in, you can join the same game you were in if it's still going on!

No accidental disconnects.. You can leave a couple of times and if it is just on accident it won't affect your stats. The leaver count refreshes on new updates.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I got HoN...I don't think it was worth the $30. Should of stuck with League of Legends, free and everything is pretty much the same.

It also has a serious troll gamer problem. If I'm in a game that was marked for noobs, but 4 players of the opposing team are all level 25 by the 30min marker, something is wrong. They certainly aren't noobs.

Fulk

Occasional Contributer
Registered
Reaction score
I got HoN...I don't think it was worth the $30. Should of stuck with League of Legends, free and everything is pretty much the same.

It also has a serious troll gamer problem. If I'm in a game that was marked for noobs, but 4 players of the opposing team are all level 25 by the 30min marker, something is wrong. They certainly aren't noobs.

I have this nagging feeling that noob servers are set up for pros to intimidate and utterly destroy new gamers. That, or more experienced players troll by going to those servers to do precisely that. As a result, when I'm new to a game, I tend to avoid those, as tempting as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.