Progressive Sales Letters: HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Seaking

Doing what I was born to do.
Registered
Reaction score
I have a gig to write six progressive sales letters. I took the assignment thinking it would be a piece of cake but for some reason, I'm having trouble. I have written numerous sales letters but I've never written any progressive sales letters. He also wants me to use http://www.odtools.com to write the six letters. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I know I've got one. I have 45 1/2 hours left to complete this project. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I'm not sure if I'm having a problem understanding what progressive sales letters are or if I'm just having a problem because I'm used to being told what is needed and a little about what is going on and I write the letter. I've never had to use anything like this ... maybe that's the problem. All I know for sure is that I need HELP!!!

Thanks for any advice or suggestions anybody has.

SS

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Sorry if I'm asking a really obvious question, but have you asked the editor what he means? Could he perhaps send you a sample of one that's already appeared in the publication? I'm not sure what a progressive sales letter is either, but I'm thinking that it's a series of letters which don't tell the whole story but, instead, bait the reader along to read the next one, like a series novel. But I could be way off base, and would be interested in learning the answer.

Still Seaking

Registered
Reaction score
It's not for a publication; it's for a business. There are sample letters in "kit" (that's what he called it) from the odtools site. But he wants six and there are 25 examples. I honestly don't know what my problem is, I've never experienced anything like this and the owner won't be available until right before my deadline! I've worked with them before and have never had any problems and didn't think I'd have any this time. I didn't realize I'd have questions until it was too late to ask him. He's a good customer and I don't want to loose him. He pays me 20 an hour and sometimes gives bonuses. If I don't come through for him and figure this out I really do think he'll take his business elsewhere. I'm not the only freelancer he uses so I've got to figure this thing out!

Thanks for tryin to help Cathy. I appreciate it!

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
Still Seaking said:
Thanks Vanessa! I'm going to check it out now!

SS

You're welcome. I went to Barnes and Nobles this afternoon looking for something pertaining to Progressive Sales Letters, and I found absolutely nothing. Lots of sales letters info, which you are already familiar with. I even had the guy at the service desk check and he directed me to the sales books area. I searched and came up with nothing. After reading your post I was also interested in knowing what the heck is progressive sales letters. Again good luck and sorry I couldn't help any further.

Still Seaking

Registered
Reaction score
Vanessa, you've been a bigger help than you realize. That site you gave me answered my questions perfectly and told me exactly what to do. I can see it being used in most types of businesses as well. Now all I have to do is finish the six letters geared towards my custormers business. But at least now I know what I'm doing.

SS

Status
Not open for further replies.