I'm ba-a-ack More Spanish, please

Kathie Freeman

That Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
catbook.biz
Okay, so I got a little sidetracked. Anyway, my wandering cat has now hooked up with a travelling circus, and one of the performers is teasing another about a perceived weight gain and she wants to return the "favor". How does she say "You should talk" or "look who's talking" in Spanish?

2. Now he almost trips over the cat, so how do you say "woops" or "oops" in Spanish?

3. How do you say "stay out from underfoot" in Spanish?

Thanks.

Michael Davis

Registered
Reaction score
Search the web for "Spanish English translator". There are several free ones available online.

Kathie Freeman

That Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
catbook.biz
I tried that. All I got was a word-for-word literal translation for the first and last phrases, nothing at all for "oops". I'm looking for the idiomatic equivalent.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
1. "Mira quien habla" fits perfectly.

2. "Ups" if you want the Spanish translations but "oops" will do, it's one of those universal things, mind you.

Could you tell me what is an underfoot? The dictionary tells me several definitions.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
The OP means "stay out from under my feet" or "stay out from under peoples' feet"

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
"No te acerques o aléjate de..." (mis pies/los pies de la gente) depending if is the former or the latter respectively.

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
English isn't my first language and I sometimes get confused with sayings. Let me know if this is one of those times. Does "stay out from underfoot" mean stop being a bother? For example, if a mother is cooking and her children are playing near her in the kitchen and she says, "stay out from underfoot" is she literally telling them to not get near her feet or is she telling them to get out of the kitchen?

Last edited:

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Yes it can mean that.
She could be telling her kids to stop getting in her way and bothering her.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Just to be clear, the underfoot phrase literally mean to get away from the feet of the people or to stop bugging them?

Kathie Freeman

That Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
catbook.biz
Usually when people say this it means don't get in the way or don't bug me, but in this case, I'm wanting to say literally to stay away from the feet.