Freedom... sweet sweet freedom

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
NOVEL.jpg

I have told my sister I shan't be joining the family for Christmas (it would involve driving many hours, by myself, to spend a few days and then drive back, many hours, by myself.)

I was not given the guilt trip. In fact, I think she was glad, because now, she will have many child-free days in her house, by herself (not that she doesn't love her kids, but she is a single mom), and I will have many book-writing-filled days to myself, and thus, we both enjoy our holidays. :) Five days. Five whole days to work on mah book without work interrupting...

Any other spinsters rocking it freedom-style this Christmas? What do you call the boys? Spinners? I don't know, but single guys, shout out as well!

feel free to express your joy via LOLcats....

129022898526712861.jpg

Last edited:

Seams

○
Registered
Reaction score

haven't seen 'The Bio-Family' in years, they all probably have new capes and tights :( lucky bastards.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am happy for you, Bettielee. I know you will get a ton done. I hope you also take some time to rest. :) Good for you.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I didn't have any official Christmas plans, but now that you've brought it up Bettie, I will be joining you at your house. I will be bringing my four kids and a litter box trained ferret, but don't worry. My husband keeps all of them in line by yelling at the top of his lungs about every five minutes and the ferret only occasionally runs across keyboards. IT WILL BE SO MUCH FUN!!! I'll even bring the plastic sheets for the youngest so morning clean-up will be a snap!

;)

Hehe....enjoy your freedom Princess! Woohooo.....THE SPINSTER IZ IN WRITIN' MODE.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to stay home and do my hair.

wigcat-1.jpg

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Well, I didn't have any official Christmas plans, but now that you've brought it up Bettie, I will be joining you at your house. I will be bringing my four kids and a litter box trained ferret, but don't worry. My husband keeps all of them in line by yelling at the top of his lungs about every five minutes and the ferret only occasionally runs across keyboards. IT WILL BE SO MUCH FUN!!! I'll even bring the plastic sheets for the youngest so morning clean-up will be a snap!

;)

Hehe....enjoy your freedom Princess! Woohooo.....THE SPINSTER IZ IN WRITIN' MODE.

:Jaw:

som1luvsmi

My brother loves me thiiis much! :)
Registered
Reaction score
About a block away from the nuthouse...they've sta
Website
randomlyabstract.blogspot.com
I'd ask to trade places, but I think you'd stop being my friend.

I was informed this weekend that my holiday schedule would look like this:

Christmas Eve morning/afternoon with the in-laws (6 adults and 8 children)
Christmas Eve night with my family (6 adults and 6 children)
Christmas morning with extended family (39 is the combined total)
Christmas afternoon/night back at the in-laws (6 adults and 8 children)

Yeah.

Have fun with your peace and solitude. I will be wishing I was there.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
You know what I'm starting to wonder??? Why my kids aren't going to their Dad's for Christmas Day dinner. I mean what the heck? I had them for Thanksgiving. I know they are going to spend time with him on Christmas Eve, well that is except for my 18 year old who is MAD at his DAD. Jeez...this old spinster would like to crank up the music and dance around the housing singing to her favorite Daft Punk tunes and drinking lots of Diet Coke and eating popcorn.

I know, thrilling right? *sigh* another dream dashed to the ground before it could even take off. Oh for the days when they were too little to say, "YOU CAN'T MAKE ME GO!"

JMBlackman

I’m trying.
Registered
Reaction score
Any other spinsters rocking it freedom-style this Christmas? What do you call the boys? Spinners? I don't know, but single guys, shout out as well!

I'm not a spinster, I don't think. Technically. But---

Congratulations on your free time for writing! I have recently come upon some myself, so, I share your excitement.

Good luck with the writings! :hooray:

And hopefully, this little bugger doesn't come after you:

LOLCat.jpg

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I'm no spinster, but I will be relishing our first Christmas without either pair of parents. I have broken the cycle! There will be no more time-share!

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be listening to death metal and editing erotica.

And drinking rose liqueur. And eating canapes. Nothing but hors d'ourves all day!

Naked.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
**adds diet coke of list to goodies to stock up**

Cass, you could turn off the lights when they try and come over. Leave them a coupon for pizza on the front door?

:)
I'll tell you the good one. Cherry Coke Zero...tooo die for.

They all have keys. LOL and they know, I'm going to be like a hermitess this until January 2nd. But I'm telling them they need to go elsewhere for New Years. I'm NOT cooking.

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

;)

Yah, I'm coming too. Kaylea's bringing extra plastic sheets.

I'm not a bachelor or nothing, but it sounded fun.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
I will be watching my parents get stupidly drunk, and hoping they pass out early so I can stick the Crime & Investigation Network on while drinking a big glass of Bailey's. I'll have a joyous evening with some hidden object games on my laptop and peace tae ma heid. Yay.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Single and staying home alone, here :hi:

We're not spinsters bettielee. We're awesomely independent women. We're free to jet off around the world at a moment's notice. Or free to clean up the barf kitty just did in our shoe. Whichever. :Shrug:

I'm glad you're staying home and not having to go through another long drive for a holiday gathering you don't want to be at.

My kitty writes, but I'm a little worried...

theidiot.jpg

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Yah, I'm coming too. Kaylea's bringing extra plastic sheets.

I'm not a bachelor or nothing, but it sounded fun.

we'll move the kitty box to make room for you!

I will be watching my parents get stupidly drunk, and hoping they pass out early so I can stick the Crime & Investigation Network on while drinking a big glass of Bailey's. I'll have a joyous evening with some hidden object games on my laptop and peace tae ma heid. Yay.

this sounds awesome! don't forget the old hand in the warm water bucket!

Single and staying home alone, here :hi:

We're not spinsters bettielee. We're awesomely independent women. We're free to jet off around the world at a moment's notice. Or free to clean up the barf kitty just did in our shoe. Whichever. :Shrug:

I'm glad you're staying home and not having to go through another long drive for a holiday gathering you don't want to be at.

My kitty writes, but I'm a little worried...

theidiot.jpg

Totally. True. Thank you, my friend.

and that cat is scary lookin'....

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I'm seeing Sherlock Holmes with the girlfriend, and then going to shul. I guess this thread doesn't really apply to me though.