• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader for romance wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuburnAssassin

Darkly Romantic Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
clairegillian.wordpress.com
It's a shorter (52k words), category type romance I did for NaNo. I would like a read through for overall impressions, character and plot appeal and pacing, not necessarily a line by line crit.

It's been through a few drafts already so while it's not a diamond yet, neither is it a lump of coal (I hope anyway). I want to get it ready for the free NaNo print proof from CreateSpace.

I don't have a query yet, but you can read the short blurb I wrote for the NaNo site here. Also at my blog (linked in prior sentence--just keep scrolling down the query page) are shorter first draft excerpts I posted to give you a feel for the characters and my writing style. However, the dream sequences I posted (teasers #3 and #4) are probably going to be cut. They are MC character reactions to events in the story but don't drive the story itself. They were NaNo filler and were intended to be funny pokes at other romance styles.

If you'd be interested in helping a girl out and would like a light Christmas read (one sex scene), PM me please. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.