PDA

View Full Version : You know I had to ask. Whatcha all doing for the holly-days? A little early.

Susie
12-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Hope you all have the greatest of holidays and enjoy. Hope 2010 will be special for you and yours. Howie 'n I will just eat a good cooked meal at home. Fortunately, cooked by him. :) Now your turn.

Wayne K
12-19-2009, 09:27 PM
I'll spend it with my family.

regdog
12-19-2009, 09:42 PM
I'll spend it with my family.

Not me, staying home, probably by myself :D

DragonHeart
12-19-2009, 11:05 PM
I'll be working Christmas Eve, Day, and the day after. =/ I didn't have to volunteer for the shifts, but I don't really have anything else to do this year.

Seaclusion
12-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Making prime rib and yorkshire pudding.

Richard

~*Kate*~
12-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Christmas Eve with both sets of grandparents here at my house; Christmas morning with just the 4 of us, Christmas afternoon with the inlaws and Christmas evening at my folks' house; six hour drive the next morning to visit my grandparents. Exhausting but fun.

JoNightshade
12-19-2009, 11:41 PM
We were gonna enjoy the first Christmas to ourselves ever. Then the baby went breech, so then we were gonna spend Christmas in the hospital after my c-section. Then we found out yesterday the baby is head-down (for the second time). So... :Shrug: We'll find out on Wednesday what our Christmas plans will be. Not so much annoying for us as it is for the rest of the family, who keep packing and unpacking their bags. :)

Silent Rob
12-19-2009, 11:48 PM
Hope everything goes well with the baby, Jo.

I'll be down in Cambridge visiting la famiglia. It's my birthday right between Christmas and New Year so at that point I'll probably be sitting weeping in a corner. It's my 30th.

Happy holidays one and all.

bettielee
12-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Hopefully, I will be home, finishing my novel, or working on the outline (yeah, I said outline, don't rub it in my face) unless they kidnap me and force me to spend time with them.

sorry guys, I got enough during Thanksgiving, and a horrible facking cold!

stormie
12-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Jo--you tell your baby to keep his head down, not up! It's great though that the waiting is almost over. :)

I know this sounds like out of The Christmas Story, but my sons love to go to Grandma's house in the next town and do take-out Chinese food on Christmas Eve. Then Mass.

Christmas day we're having 8 of our relatives over in the afternoon and evening. Dinner will be a variety to match everyone's dietary needs. Low salt, low fat, no onion....

Ken
12-19-2009, 11:58 PM
... am Jewish by heritage :-)
Don't practise the religion, though, except for two holidays during the year when I get together with relatives. Hanakuh ain't one of them. So I didn't do anything for it. Suppose the best way to celebrate it or any other religious holiday is to give to others in some way or do volunteer work. ("Feels good to give to others," as (((a friend))) of mine recently pointed out.) Happy Holidays to all!

KellyAssauer
12-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Oh gag, I hate to sound so dull, but we'll probably do the same thing this year that we have last year and the one before that, you know: burn money, dance naked. Same old stuff really. =)

Cella
12-20-2009, 01:10 AM
I make people come here now that we have a kid. Call me paranoid but I don't like driving on holidays, mostly bcs of drunk drivers.

Susie
12-20-2009, 03:57 AM
Glad you guys posted. You're all swell and Jo have a very healthy delivery. :Hug2:s to y'all.