Florida Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyExecutive

Registered
Reaction score
Are there any members here from the Central Florida area? I'd love to connect.

Shay

Kalyke

Registered
Reaction score
Florida is one of the lovations in my WIP if you want to contact me so I can ask "Florida" questions. I am in Nebraska though. I'd love to move to Florida. No money... unfortunately.

ToddWBush

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Lady, several members live in Florida... heyjude is in the Sarasota area. I'm in South Florida. And Use Her Name, where is your story set in Florida? It might as well be cut into two states. From about Ocala north should be "North Florida" and below that should be "South Florida" because they are about as different as any two states in the union.

Jamie Stone

lost in the TVTropes.org jungle...
Registered
Reaction score
And Use Her Name, where is your story set in Florida? It might as well be cut into two states. From about Ocala north should be "North Florida" and below that should be "South Florida" because they are about as different as any two states in the union.

QFT. From Ocala north, you've got a lot of small towns, mostly Christians, and it feels more like one would imagine the South to feel--not a great description, but that's the only way I can think to describe it. From Orlando south, you get all of the old people, the retirees, the tourists, the big cities, and the widely varied cultures, religions, heritages, etc.

And most people from out of state don't realize this, but most of Florida is not beaches and/or swamplands. In Orlando, Ocala, Gainesville, etc., there aren't even many palm trees, etc. Central Florida is much more forested, with rivers, lots of lakes, that kind of thing.

To answer the OP's question, I go between Ocala and Gainesville. Having lived in pretty much every major city from Gainesville south, I can say I prefer it in North Central Florida to the big cities and the beaches and all.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Florida members who chose to share their locations for the big fat thread:

Anya Smith (south)
Azraelsbane (Jacksonville)
BlueLocario (south Florida)
CBeasy (Sanford)
Daehota (West Palm Beach)
Don (Bradenton, plus much travel)
donroc (Winter Haven)
Emerita (Pensacola)
HoraceJames (south Florida)
Inkkognito (Celebration/Kissimmee)
Jacob
Jenan Mac (Tampa, west of The Rat)
Jeneral (Mt. Dora/Orlando area)
Joe Moore
joyce
Kat Frass
kilana (Daytona Beach)
LloydBrown (Jacksonville)
mariedees (Orlando)
NickDangr (west coast)
Pamster
robeiae (south Florida)
rosemerry (Bradenton)
Silver King
smoothseas (St. Petersburg)
Susie
Takvah
Vanatru (central)
Veronie (Ocala)
Writer14

Maryn, helpful type

A. M. Peterson

Rewriting chunks of first novel.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the Orlando area, and I moderate a writer's critique group here. We meet up about once a month or so, do an uplifting critique of each other's work, and then usually go out for dinner and general conversation. If you're interested, PM me. I'll answer any questions you may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.