I may finally be able to forgive Terry Gilliam...

ad_lucem

Peligro:Herbicidal Poriomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
I believe his last movie before now was Tideland...the movie scarred me deeply. I mean it. I needed stitches. If you are unfamiliar with the movie, don't run out and rent it unless the follow words fail to disturb you: Jeff Bridges as a corpse, human taxidermy, little girl, incest, middle-of-nowhere-USA.

But, I digress... I generally love everything else he's ever done. So, I was thrilled to find this trailer:

http://www.doctorparnassus.com/

I suppose our UK friends have already had the chance to view this in theaters (theatres? cinemas? whatever) but here we have to wait until January (I think).

Woohoo, so many cool movies coming out next year!

rosiroo

Chasing the flow
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I quite liked Dr P. It reminded me of Brazil (which will forever be my favourite Gilliam movie.) And Heath ledger was great in it.

ad_lucem

Registered
Reaction score
Okay...first person to name a movie that doesn't have Johnny Depp in it this year gets a cybercookie.

True, he's certainly popping up just about everywhere at once, but you should read the story of what went into making the film (almost enough to make a person believe in curses--the amount of trouble they had getting through it).

I think what he, Colin Farrell and Jude Law did for the Ledger family is very touching.

ad_lucem

Registered
Reaction score
I quite liked Dr P. It reminded me of Brazil (which will forever be my favourite Gilliam movie.) And Heath ledger was great in it.

Glad to hear it! Now I want it to be in theaters here even more :)