• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking a Beta Reader for a Historical Fantasy Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
I seek a beta reader, a mentor according to Jenna Glatzer's definition, for a historical fantasy novel of 97,211 words. The book is meant for traditional publication. I am ready to send it to a pro editor but would like to minimize his/her work by getting rid of any immediate red flags--anything that would cause an agent to say "Hell no" right away. The credentials I seek in my reader/mentor are those of an experienced published author or editor in the fantasy genre. I don't mean a line-by-line critique, unless the reader/mentor looks at the book and decides it may need one--I'm at the end of my tether with the darn thing--but a detailed overview of anything that would turn off prospective agents and how to fix those things. This would be my first Beta experience.

It takes place in the sixteenth century, in the time of the Spanish Armada, primarily in England, with other scenes set in France, Spain and Italy.

Thanks
childeroland

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.