Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
OK, be honest. What do you think of this as an author photo?

Attachments

• AuthorPhotoforWeb2.jpg
    AuthorPhotoforWeb2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
Well, duh--you look beautiful.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna! This is gorgeous! Wow, are your teeth white :) And you look like a real person vs. a posed person.

LloydBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydwrites.com
JennaGlatzer said:

Hey, you're hot! Now my wife's gonna start to get jealous when I get on this board. (yes, must spell that last word correctly. "Honey, I'm gonna go get on the AW broad" would go over poorly at the Brown house.)

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a newbie here, but I do have to comment. Of course you are just a beautiful gal. I think that goes without saying, so here is what struck me: You look so approachable!

So many book jackets have stuffy, posed pics that look like they were shot 20 years ago under harsh lights while the subject was holding the "cheese" position!! Yours seems so much more natural. A lovely gal with a mind like that can be nothing but a fab combination!

~~Carole :)

DJP

pounding away at the piano..
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Jenna,

I agree. You look very approachable in this photo; you look like a real person. I liked the way it was taken on an angle, gives it a different twist. Very nice.:)

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow!!

(wish I looked like that - even 1/2 way like that)

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I actually think the snippet you've used for your avatar is better (and I mean exactly as it is, not as an idea).

But if you want to go with the body shot then I'd recommend either toning down the dress, which is so loud that it draws the eye directly to your chest (and figure-hugging enough that it stays there), or losing the colour altogether, as follows:

Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna, you look gorgeous and friendly.

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
three seven said:
I actually think the snippet you've used for your avatar is better (and I mean exactly as it is, not as an idea).

But if you want to go with the body shot then I'd recommend either toning down the dress, which is so loud that it draws the eye directly to your chest (and figure-hugging enough that it stays there), or losing the colour altogether, as follows:

Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg

Ok, here's my lil nickel minus three pennies...Jenna you are very attractive. And yep that's also coming from a woman who does recognize beauty. Nothing more. But I have to agree with "three seven." This picture leads one to the face and then straight to the chest; which you are blessed to wear nicely. The avatar shot shows a more ..if I may.."author territory look." Now on the other hand depending on what your marketing strategy is, well this shot could stand alone luring in some potential readers.

Bottom line is that this shot shows that you're beautiful and sexy first. The avatar shows that you're beautiful and a writer first then leads one to imagine what the rest of you may look like. Just my opinion.

LloydBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydwrites.com
Vanessa said:
Bottom line is that this shot shows that you're beautiful and sexy first. The avatar shows that you're beautiful and a writer first then leads one to imagine what the rest of you may look like. Just my opinion.

Just for the record, Jenna, I wasn't one of the people staring at your boobies. With all the conversation, I did have to take a look, but I didn't perceive the mammo-centric view that others have suggested.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I agree with Three... I do like the color one better, but the dress was too colorful and busy. So dulling it down is a good move, drawing attention to your face instead of your chest ;) I'll go with the color, though. Maybe tweak the contrast a little and soften the edges...

Attachments

• jenna.jpg
    jenna.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 278

Lady of Prose

Member - the "Sting Gang."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've always favored black and white over color on book jackets. They seem more professional to me, for some reason--and for some less attractive authors, are far more flattering. Color can bring out any flaws that may be in one's complexion--and, I've always found that shoulder/head shots seem to leave a lasting impression, and appeal to the broad spectrum of readers, as opposed to full body shots. HOWEVER, having said all that, (and I didn't have to look at Jenna's boobies to form an opinion):) which ever you choose, Jenna, will be the right choice; I'm sure.

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Isn't it great how a simple comment about the framing and colour balance of a photograph prompts the men to protest loudly that they aren't a bunch of pervs, and the women to snidely imply that we are...

I, for the record, am not saying anything 'for the record'.

Lady of Prose

Member - the "Sting Gang."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, golly gee, three-seven. Can't blame the guys for being guys and the women for appreciating it. All of us love having fun, and kidding around.

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
I love the edit you did Maestrowork. What a tremendous difference in changing the contrast. Now the shot looks richer and bolder and toned in some areas.

But I still have to stick with the avatar being my preference. Has anybody noticed too that the avatar is a different shot than the head shot of the full shot? (Arrrghhh...u know what I mean! Don't ya?) I didn't early on after just taking a glimpse.

Last edited:

GonnaBeFamous

Registered
Reaction score
Vanessa said:
Ok, here's my lil nickel minus three pennies...Jenna you are very attractive. And yep that's also coming from a woman who does recognize beauty. Nothing more. But I have to agree with "three seven." This picture leads one to the face and then straight to the chest; which you are blessed to wear nicely. The avatar shot shows a more ..if I may.."author territory look." Now on the other hand depending on what your marketing strategy is, well this shot could stand alone luring in some potential readers.

As much as I like hte photo as a single male, I'm going to have to agree with her. THe photo is TOO much sexiness for a author photo on a book. ;) I think you should cut it out so its from the neck and above like in your avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.