• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader for MG

Status
Not open for further replies.

karo.ambrose

._.
Registered
Reaction score
I just got finished with my second draft and I'm ready for some fresh eyes. I'm pretty no-holds-barred when it comes to critiquing, so if you want to get snarky, I am totally fine with that. Here's my query letter. Let me know if you're interested in reading the MS. Thanks :)

Dear Agent:

Twelve-year-old Tyson Driggs used to go on all kinds of adventures with his BFF, from sledding to shooting at the range to prune juice drinking contests. They had promised each other that they would go up to Wyoming and kill a big six-point elk this season, but when one of their adventures lands them in trouble with the police, Tyson's parents stick his BFF in a nursing home.

His best friend forever is his eighty-one-year-old gramps.

Everyone tells Tyson that his gramps has an overactive imagination and a taste for danger... and that's exactly what Tyson loves about him. In the nursing home, his gramps asks Tyson to go on one more adventure together: bust him out of there so they can go kill that elk. But when Tyson discovers the real reason he's in the nursing home, the adventure turns risky for real. His gramp's health is failing, but how can Tyson say no to his BFF?

GRIZZLY KID is a middle-grade novel complete at 43,000 words. The completed manuscript is available upon your request. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

HMS

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Karo.Ambrose
I also have a MG manuscript ready for a beta review. Also involving a grandpa/grandson relationship, adventures, and the wide open prairie. Would you be interested in a cross beta?
Helen

Status
Not open for further replies.