PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Beta Reader

AcetheKid
12-15-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm Looking for a Beta reader to for up and coming future novel. Please Contact me for details. You can reach me by email at Mrmoneyman89@yahoo.com

Samantha's_Song
12-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Come on, you've at least got to give details about what the story is about, you cas't just expect offers for something people know absolutely nothing about. I've spent the last couple of years beta reading for other AWers, but I would certainly have never offered my services for something I knew nothing about.

Is the novel finished or in first draft?

What genre is it?

Etc, ect.

Oh, and you're more likely to get offers if you've shown your merit on these boards: Doing some critiques of your own for instance on SYW.

CACTUSWENDY
12-15-2009, 05:01 PM
You seem to be getting the horse before the cart. It might be better if you first went by the newbie area and introduced yourself to us. It also might be nice if you would join in with other things on this board and add your two cents in.

For someone to beta read is a time consuming job and folks tend to at least like to 'know' a little about you first. Do you have thick skin or will you get up set if someone really digs in and tells it like it is? What genre is your book? How many pages? First draft? There is more to requesting a beta reader then just throwing your book out there.

You might find that posting a chapter in the proper SYW area so folks can get a feel for your style of writing might work. Take the time and read through what others have posted and take the time to comment on their work.

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. Good luck.

Birol
12-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Moving to the Beta Readers/Mentor/Writing Partner forum.

AcetheKid
01-19-2010, 04:30 AM
I am in the need for a Beta reader. I am working on a story about an urban teen who has a talent for dancing, after getting into trouble with the law is forced to go to this private Art school. Please contact me if your are interested in helping me out.

ebennet68
01-19-2010, 04:32 AM
Hi. If you look further down on the main board, there is a separate section which specifically deals with beta readers. Welcome to The Cooler!

megan_d
01-19-2010, 04:38 AM
Welcome to the forums! We have have a whole sub-forums devoted to beta readers and such, I imagine you'll have more luck there: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

AcetheKid
01-19-2010, 07:10 AM
Looking for a Beta Reader for a long term novel that i am writing. The novel is about this Teen that has a gift for of Dancing and Drawing that comes from a Dark past and how he gets in trouble with the law and is forced to go to this private school for the gifted. If you are interested please contact me I'm open to criticism.

NightHead
01-30-2010, 11:53 PM
I would be glad to help you out, if you are intrested. That sounds like a intresting plot. Message me if you would like me to help.