PDA

View Full Version : weather talk

Kristiina
12-14-2009, 10:34 AM
The temperature just dropped from yesterday evenings about - 2 C to about - 13 C. Good point: We might get some sunshine today. Has been cloudy for several weeks in a row now. Which kind of sucks when the sun just barely gets over the horizon for some six hours during the day. Which means winter blues and not being able to write much for me. I never get anything done during these months. At least it's only about a week until the solstice. You really get the point of having a holiday at this time of the year when you live as far North as I do...

Pepper
12-14-2009, 10:58 AM
It's been muggy as all hell for a week. The heat hits you like a wall. I had a window in the bathroom open a few inches, and the heat pouring through that tiny gap was enough to make me sweat.

Which makes it all the more rediculous that Australia celebrates a white and snowy Christmas. HELLO? Put poor Santa in a pair of bordies, and for pete's sake, ditch the fake snow.

Kristiina
12-14-2009, 03:02 PM
It's been muggy as all hell for a week. The heat hits you like a wall. I had a window in the bathroom open a few inches, and the heat pouring through that tiny gap was enough to make me sweat.

Which makes it all the more rediculous that Australia celebrates a white and snowy Christmas. HELLO? Put poor Santa in a pair of bordies, and for pete's sake, ditch the fake snow.

:idea:Has anyone ever suggested moving Christmas 6 months, to what is the middle of winter there? Even if we are talking only of Christian symbolism, it would make sort of more sense...

Here, the weather forecast is promising - 18 C for the next night.

alleycat
12-14-2009, 03:16 PM
It's suppose to be 58 F/15 C today where I live. That's pretty nice for this time of year.

Maryn
12-14-2009, 06:23 PM
We're expecting 38F/3C here today, which is pretty close to typical temperatures for mid-December. It's January through March when it's bad.

While I've adapted to living where the skies are grey far more than they're blue, I don't know that I could handle the lack of light Kristiina faces every winter. I suspect I'd find it depressing enough that I'd move south. Like Samoa.

Maryn, well south of Kristiina