• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

YA Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Writing Partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GillianA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
gillian.dreamwidth.org
Hi! I'm currently in the very early stages of writing my YA paranormal novel. It's the summer holidays here in Australia, and I'm determined to get my first draft done before my final year of uni starts in March, so I reckon a partner that'd keep me on track will be just what I need. I'm going to be writing pretty much every day for as long as I can stand, starting today.

My novel is a ghost story set in an Australian small town, with a dash of super-secret-society-involved-in-paranormal-activity-regulation thrown in on the side. I'm interested in a partner who is at about the same stage of writing as I am, and is working within the YA urban fantasy or paranormal genre. We can cheer each other on! I'd like to make regular exchanges of chapters (say, about once a week?) to ensure that we are both meeting our goals, and to get an overall crit of the piece so far in terms of tone and what did and did not work etc.--not necessarily a long and involved beta.

If anyone is interested, please PM me so we can exchange a few pages of our work and talk a bit about what we'd like from a partnership.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.