PDA

View Full Version : Review my blog?

Topaz044
12-13-2009, 11:13 PM
I have a blog about my writing, along with reviews of books and games. I did a bit of design on the blog (since I got tired of the templates) and while it's not perfect, I do like it a lot more now. Any reviews would be appreciated. :)

http://tashabennett.blogspot.com/

Bluegate
12-15-2009, 12:37 AM
I liked it. I think the layout and design is very clean and attractive. I found your posts very easy to read and they held my attention. I enjoyed your reviews which were entertaining, genuine and not too long. Nor were they overly technical as some can be, you have a voice.
The only nit I would pick is that there are some typos. Now I personally don't mind typos in a blog. Blogs are a special hybrid of public private journals for the most part so small occasional errors don't bug me. It really depends on what your intention is with the blog as to how perfect you want that to be. And from what I saw there were only a very few minor ones. I only mention it because some people are sticklers for that stuff.
Overall I think it looks like a pretty slick blog. Nice job!

mjlpsu
12-15-2009, 02:08 AM
Very nice layout, good banner and colors. And I enjoy most move/book review sites, so I'm glad I stopped by.

Personal opinion: the "About Me" widget should go up top--helps readers understand a little more about the blog before even reading the first post.

Topaz044
12-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Thanks guys! :D

mjlpsu, I'll definitely make that change.

veinglory
12-21-2009, 09:34 PM
You have good content and a great banner. I would suggest making better use of your sidebar. For example the top right could have a special feature, like more about you, a list of upcoming reviews, or a method for people to submit indy film to you for review.

Topaz044
12-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks veinglory! Those are great ideas and I've now made those changes :D