Status
Not open for further replies.

Wormo

Getting By
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
My friend and I seem to be in a battle (that means we are arguing :p) decided which was better, the aliens from Alien or the Predator from Predator so considering I was bored and curious I decided to go make my own poll :eek:

So if you have a favourite out there then simply answer the poll and let us know so we can actually found who is really the better "creature" (or whatever you want to call them)

Personally, I think you can't beat the Alien, what about anyone else?

Last edited:

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
Well have you seen the movie Alien vs. Preditor??? It gives a pretty good idea of how they compare to one another.

Second it depends on the situation. If the Preditor is fully equiped and ready to go, he would win hands down. If he is disarmed naturally the alien would win because he has natural weapons. If the preditor is against the mass he would probably blow up everything including himself so if one survived or not would determine of the preditor or alien won in the end.

Now if its a queen alien depending on the preditor's equipment and health status along with outside interference then that would be a close battle. Also depends on who has the element of surprise.

So where as both are very capable killers and one is on instinct and problem solving skills and the other has less instict and more problem sovling skills as well as strategy and such it really comes down to situation.

Although an ideal alien against an ideal preditor I would say the preditor would win every time.

Sara

loquax

I verb nouns adverbly
Registered
Reaction score
Alien is probably the best designed monster ever. H.R. Giger is a genius. The whole life-cycle is deliciously macabre; from the face-huggers to the queen. And that whole double-mouth thing..... you just can't beat it.

Also, compare seeing an alien ripping out of your chest to seeing the red triangle on your forehead. I think I would prefer the triangle.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Better as in what? Good vs. Bad? Well, that was answered in the movie...

But I have to say Alien is one of the most frightening, well-designed, and riveting bad-a** monsters in history. I'll vote for the alien anytime.

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
I kinda liked Godzilla, 'specially in the flick where he gets Bambi.

But then, Godzilla isn't in the poll, so never mind.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Predator

I liked the predator. I like his style, his code of ethics, the fact that he hunts for sport, and only hunts those who are armed. I can relate to the predator.

The alien is just a big bug, and if you had the right size foot, you could just step on him/her/it.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was going to say something similar, so I'll just agree with jamesaritchie. Predator is thinking and has honor, the alien is just breeding. What is cool about that?

Incidently, i hadn't seen either alien movies or predator movies when my husband dragged me along to see AVP with his geek friends. I liked it better than the rest of them did. :)

loquax

I verb nouns adverbly
Registered
Reaction score
I reckon honour is overrated. I respect the aliens for having none. It gets the job done a lot better, and a lot faster. No hesitation; just BAM and your head is a pile of goo.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
alien

loquax said:
I reckon honour is overrated. I respect the aliens for having none. It gets the job done a lot better, and a lot faster. No hesitation; just BAM and your head is a pile of goo.

If Sigourney Weaver can stand up to Alien, it's just a big bug.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If we're talking purely for the entertainment value, I like the Alien, hands down. There's something about a monster you can't ever hope to reason with. It's like the shark in Jaws, an animal operating on an instinctive level, which is way scarier to me.

As mentioned above, the design of the creature was awesome. The original Alien movie has to be the best marriage of science fiction and horror ever put on screen. It's the definitive example, IMHO.

The original Predator was a pretty entertaining movie too, but not nearly as good as Alien.

The movie Alien VS Predator? Hated it. Cinematic junk food.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
At the end of the day, Ahh-nold dispatched a fully-armed Predator by himself. Given that Sigourney took out alot of Aliens, it follows that a Predator is hands-down tougher.

So does that make the Governator the scariest monster around? (plus he is also well designed, er...engineered??)

Rob :)

Status
Not open for further replies.