Status
Not open for further replies.

ad_lucem

Peligro:Herbicidal Poriomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

My husband just sent me this.

Now, I'll own it. I shop there a bit because it's literally around the corner from me (and so few things are out here on the corner of BFE and Nowhere). And, I'm not perfect: I have bad hair days and I'm not a fashionista by any stretch of the imagination.

But, damnitall, some of these pictures really do defy the imagination.

Sometimes, as writers, don't you feel like reality has an unfair advantage? I mean, nothing is too absurd to "really happen"...but if you wrote it in a book, play, or short story you KNOW there would be someone to say "nah, not believable enough."

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Must alert Lady Jay

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
Several pages back, I highly recommend looking at the car someone painted/spiked to look like a stegosaurus. Just sayin'.

But yeah, no way would some of this sound believable in a novel. Reality gets all the breaks. :D

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
The white pride gits are asking for it, but many of the posts seem to be about laughing at fat and/or mentally disturbed people. Oh and some poor woman trying to express a little christmas cheer with a funny hat?

the addster

Registered
Reaction score
Website
addiepray.wordpress.com
The first time I saw that site I was just floored. Then I started looking around Walmart (we have to go sometimes, live in a rural area, many of the small businesses are just gone, can't buy some things anywhere else) and that kind of stuff is way too common.

ad_lucem

Registered
Reaction score
The white pride gits are asking for it, but many of the posts seem to be about laughing at fat and/or mentally disturbed people. Oh and some poor woman trying to express a little christmas cheer with a funny hat?

I really got a good chuckle out of the scooter-riding old man in the fairy costume. Now there's a story.

Seriously, though. I don't feel bad for these people at all. I find it perfectly plausible that the joke is actually on the rest of us folks that have the nerve to think we're "normal".

I recall a community college class I took once. It was French. There was an SCA person in the class learning French to please her queen and fulfill her royal duties. She came to class dressed in full regalia with an ornate Spanish sword in its scabbard.

Freaked out the rest of the people, but she was happy as a clam. So, I suppose you have to look at it as a point for her, ultimately.

As the Cheshire cat rightly pointed out: we're all mad here. :D

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
We get people in pajamas at my store (not Walmart) far too often. I can never understand why someone would go out in public wearing sleep apparel.

Then there was the lady who was using her bra as a wallet. Or I should say, using her bra region as a wallet. There was no bra.

Yes, I do wash my hands. A lot.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You'll have to excuse my papy. He took to much of one medication and not enough of the other. We'll have to fix his dosages.

I will now live in fear of me being photographed and added to that list.

I'd love to meet the guy in the tutu. He must have a great sense of humor.

And...If we cain't find it at Walmart we ain't gettin' it!

My kids know I'm serious about this too.

I have a feeling this thread may not do very well.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
You'll have to excuse my papy. He took to much of one medication and not enough of the other. We'll have to fix his dosages.

Just don't go to walmart wearing a onesie and slippers and you'll be fine.

ad_lucem

Registered
Reaction score

I'd like to have a chat with the tutu man, myself.

I told you, I'm a Walmart shopper. Everything else is a drive. I think my worst fashion crime at a Walmart is probably wearing sweats or having a bad hair day--or allowing my 2 year old to go shopping in a plush dog costume.

So, if I end up there, ah well... c'est la guerre.

Doesn't mean I can't enjoy the strange and wonderous plumage of the odd birds that flock to the Walmart aisles. I've gotten an especially unusual eyefull when forced to make a late-night run after 10pm.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Mean-spirited, much?

Closing this. There are lots and lots of places on the internet to go laugh and point at people who aren't just like you. We don't need to do it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.