• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

I'm in the beta section, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone still like vampire stories?

The one I have is set in Dallas. I don't think it's a romance, but others have said they do. Sort of women's fiction, I guess. I'll call it Urban fantasy with a romantic tone. A bit of (non-graphic) violence, because they are - after all - vampires. The vampires are secondary to the story; the human is the MC.

95K or so.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
If I wasn't slammed right now I'd give it a go! I'm sure you'll get some takers... lots of us still love the vamps. :)

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I've got a couple of beta's who already weighed in and it looks like the story needs a bit of tweaking (plot comes in too late, etc). This draft is the result of removing some characters a few agents thought detracted from the focus of the story and returning it to an earlier version, unfortunately, removing them seems to have left some plot snags I didn't notice, so I'm not sure you'd want to read it as-is.

Back to the woodshed for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.