Need help finding a toy.

MAP

Registered
Reaction score
THis isn't research for a story, but I need help to find this toy my 3-year-old daughter insists exists, but I have never seen or heard of it.

This is how she describes it. It is a purple cat with a helmet. She says it is a stuffed animal, but I am not sure that it really is, and that she saw it in a commercial. When she draws a picture of it, it looks like a bear wearing a space helmet.

Can anyone help me? It is all she wants for christmas, and I have googled and searched all toy stores online and near my house. I can't find anything even remotely like what she described. I know if I just knew the name of the toy I could find it if it even exists.

Thanks.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My daughter works at Toys R Us and knows all kinds of toys and stuff. I'll ask her tonight if she's heard of anything like this and let you know when I hear.

Good luck with the hunt.

ChristineR

What happened?
Registered
Reaction score
Ann Arbor, Michigan. Downtown. Near the Universi
Sit down in front of the kiddy TV and watch her favorite shows with her until she jumps up and down and points.

Or, if you can't stand that, record 12 hours of kiddy TV, and fast forward through it until you see something purple and show it to her.

Or, sit down in front of Toy R Us and go over the stuffed animals with her. There's actually only 382 and they'll display 200 on a page. That one may be dangerous, as you are about as likely to find some other toy that she wants and never find the one you're really after.

How about Daizy, purple cat and friend of Wubbzy?

Last edited:

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elysabethwilliams.com
is it a zhu zhu pet? More like a hamster though.
zhu-zhu-pet-mobile.jpg

MAP

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I know it is not a Backyardigen. She loves the show and Uniqua is her favorite, so she would have asked for a Uniqua doll by name. I will run the other possibilities by her. If none of those work, I'll have to do Christine's suggestion.

Thanks again.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Talked to my daughter. She can't think of a single toy that fits this description. She checked with her coworkers and couldn't come up with anything either.

Sounds to me like you've got a imaginary toy problem. Always hated those when my kids were little.

Hope you find something to distract her with if you can't find it.

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
My girls are always asking for impossibly toys. Like my youngest wants a life size pegasus pony that she can ride and it flies! (Didn't we all as kids?)

MAP

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you've got a imaginary toy problem. Always hated those when my kids were little.

LOL, I was afraid of that. She is very imaginative. Thanks for your help.