PDA

View Full Version : Underwire Bra Warning

Elaine Margarett
12-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Underwire bras and seatbelts can be a bad combination. I was involved in a car accident a few years ago where our Toyota Avalon hit a large pickup truck broadside at 50 mph. Despite wearing a heavy wool coat and a ski sweater, I received 4 broken ribs where the seatbelt forced the wire of my bra through my ribs as neatly as a knife.

Something to consider~

Perks
12-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Waaaaaah!

I'm sorry that happened to you. That's horrible. I don't wear underwires myself, but now I'll feel extra comfy about it.

ad_lucem
12-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Ouch!! I've always wondered about that! Whenever I've had an underwire, after a while of wearing and washing the wire starts to poke from under the fabric--jabbing me. Add some force, and I can well imagine what you're talking about.

Who really wants wire in their underwear, anyway??? Who thought THAT one up?

Sorry you went through such a miserable experience!

quickWit
12-09-2009, 09:44 PM
*forwards link to cray*

MichaelZWilliamson
12-09-2009, 10:10 PM
My wife is a fit but 44D, and can't find bras that don't have wire or padding, of which she needs neither.

cray
12-09-2009, 10:22 PM
*forwards link to cray*

fine qw! i get it,..i get it....
you can stop wearing underwire bras. i just thought that they gave your moobs more support.

quickWit
12-09-2009, 10:25 PM
fine qw! i get it,..i get it....
you can stop wearing underwire bras. i just thought that they gave your moobs more support.

For the last time, they aren't bras! They're manziers!

Cella
12-09-2009, 10:26 PM
that's scary!

*makes note not to wear bras in the car*

no but seriously, thanks for the head up;)

Cella
12-09-2009, 10:32 PM

wanna compare brands?

regdog
12-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Underwire bras and seatbelts can be a bad combination. I was involved in a car accident a few years ago where our Toyota Avalon hit a large pickup truck broadside at 50 mph. Despite wearing a heavy wool coat and a ski sweater, I received 4 broken ribs where the seatbelt forced the wire of my bra through my ribs as neatly as a knife.

Something to consider~

Hope you're going to be all right

Lavern08
12-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Who really wants wire in their underwear, anyway??? Who thought THAT one up?

Some so-called (MALE) fashion expert! :evil

icerose
12-09-2009, 10:52 PM
So maybe I'm not being totally naughty every time I cut out the underwires. They are completely uncomfortable but i can't get a non-underwire in my size, being a 38DD has serious disadvantages when trying to find a bra that isn't a steel fort. Seriously, I don't need six buckles, I don't need padding, and I definitely do not need steel underwires. My breasts aren't going anywhere!

So yeah, I buy the stupid underwires because some of those are down to three buckles and then as soon as I get home I cut the underwires out.

All my favorite styles get discontinued it seems.

Cella
12-09-2009, 10:56 PM
not that I need support at all, lol, but I remember accidentally bending one of the wires and ruining the thing so i too cut it out and was delighted with the new comfort.

CaroGirl
12-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Speaking as someone who used to sell lingerie for a living, if an underwire bra is uncomfortable on you IT'S THE WRONG SIZE. Underwires should be as comfortable, and far more shape flattering under clothes, as non-underwire bras. Also, underwire bras should NEVER go in the dryer. That's why the underwires start to poke out and otherwise degrade. Most underwires these days are plastic and they can't stand the heat of the dryer. Wash them in cold in a mesh bag (so they don't wrap around the agitator and get damaged) and then hang them to dry.

I can't speak to the underwires breaking your ribs in a car accident. Eeps. Personally, I just try to avoid car accidents altogether. :)

Jersey Chick
12-09-2009, 11:06 PM
I thought they were Bros??? ;)

cray
12-09-2009, 11:07 PM
manzier!

Jersey Chick
12-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Bro!

(bro? bros? ugh. whichever)

Sophia
12-09-2009, 11:13 PM

Eeek! I hope you recovered fully. What a horrible thing to happen!

For people looking in the UK, Marks and Spencers do nice non-padded, non-underwired bras, as well as pretty much all other types.

Just wondering, did something happen recently to trigger this post? (I'm asking because the incident was a few years ago.)

ad_lucem
12-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Some so-called (MALE) fashion expert! :evil

Probably the same b@st@rd who thought up high-heels and botox.

Medievalist
12-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Seriously, don't think you know your bra size. Go to a higher end store and get fitted.

It makes an amazing difference.

Elaine Margarett
12-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Eeek! I hope you recovered fully. What a horrible thing to happen!

For people looking in the UK, Marks and Spencers do nice non-padded, non-underwired bras, as well as pretty much all other types.

Just wondering, did something happen recently to trigger this post? (I'm asking because the incident was a few years ago.)

No, except I've been doing alot of traveling lately and when I'm on the road for long stretches of time I go braless. Also, I've warned all my real friends about it and thought the virtual ones might benefit as well.

I love underwire bras. Worn them all my life. I think it's why I'm so...perky. <g>

Sweetleaf
12-09-2009, 11:42 PM
I can't wear anything without an underwire, let alone find one, but then I'm a 30F. I need all the support I can get.

To be honest, I've always been more worried about getting my throat cut with the seatbelt in an accident rather than my ribs. Seatbelts are NOT designed for large chested people, and they never stay where they're supposed to. They always slide up into my armpit and across my neck no matter what I do.

I know you can get attachments to prevent bthis happening in other countries, but what do you know! Here they're illegal. :(

quickWit
12-09-2009, 11:48 PM
I've been doing alot of traveling lately and when I'm on the road for long stretches of time I go braless.

*hacks into Elaine's GPS*

:D

AZ_Dawn
12-10-2009, 12:34 AM
:eek: Poor you! And thanks for the warning; I knew underwires were evil!

So maybe I'm not being totally naughty every time I cut out the underwires. They are completely uncomfortable but i can't get a non-underwire in my size, being a 38DD has serious disadvantages when trying to find a bra that isn't a steel fort. Seriously, I don't need six buckles, I don't need padding, and I definitely do not need steel underwires. My breasts aren't going anywhere!

I see what you mean. I recently had to get new bras because the hooks came undone on the old ones for the last time, plus my bosom had expanded by a cup size. So for the first time in my life I had to buy pushup bras, not because I wanted to impress anyone, but because that's what was in the store in my size. Man, they feel odd! No underwires, but they have some sort of boning along the sides and are heavily padded. I keep wondering if they make me look odd, too, though my family keeps telling me it looks fine. On the upside, maybe all that padding'll keep me warmer this winter.

Jersey Chick
12-10-2009, 02:04 AM
I cut myself on a broken underwire not too long ago. First time I've ever been wounded by my own damn underwear. :D

Elaine Margarett
12-10-2009, 02:18 AM
I cut myself on a broken underwire not too long ago. First time I've ever been wounded by my own damn underwear. :D

Maybe we should start a club~

Bookewyrme
12-10-2009, 03:35 AM
Victoria's Secret does a really wonderful non-underwire bra, that is similar to an underwired one int he way it works, but no wire. Its ridiculously comfy. Particularly for us busty wenches. Also, bodices are totally awesome substitutes for bra's, more comfy, and good for posture! Not to mention smexy. ^_~

writeronfire
12-10-2009, 03:41 AM
I don't like underwire bras. Not comfortable.

Who needs a bra?

They're much too dangerous.

MoonWriter
12-10-2009, 04:17 AM
I don't like underwire bras. Not comfortable.

Who needs a bra?

They're much too dangerous.

Big bosomed joggers? Has to be more comfortable than wearing a football helmet to avoid blackened eyes.

Jersey Chick
12-10-2009, 04:24 AM
Or risking suffocation. :D

MoonWriter
12-10-2009, 04:29 AM
Seriously, don't think you know your bra size. Go to a higher end store and get fitted.

It makes an amazing difference.

I came home early from work one hot day, exhausted, and plopped down on the sofa next to my wife. A bra "expert" was on some show explaining how to chose a properly fitting bra. All I remember is that, when viewed in profile, the apex of the curve should fall halfway between the shoulder and the elbow.

Don't know if that's true, but to this day, I can't help but notice if a women is low-riding, a bit too perky, or dead-center. I now only watch the news, nature shows, and UFC. :)

Matera the Mad
12-10-2009, 04:37 AM
Uh-huh.

I'm a low-rider :tongue

Haven't worn a bra in over 30 years. It felt so good to chuck them out. Now I have another reason :D

thethinker42
12-10-2009, 04:44 AM
*shudder* This brings back memories.

I used to wear an underwire when I worked with horses. Then a horse freaked out on the way into a trailer. I ended up between him and the wall.

I wear sports bras around horses now.

Libbie
12-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Who really wants wire in their underwear, anyway???

34DD. I do, I do.

Who thought THAT one up?

Undoubtedly somebody who also had to suffer with huge tits. There is no support like wire support. I'll be wary of car accidents, though.

Libbie
12-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Victoria's Secret does a really wonderful non-underwire bra, that is similar to an underwired one int he way it works, but no wire. Its ridiculously comfy. Particularly for us busty wenches. Also, bodices are totally awesome substitutes for bra's, more comfy, and good for posture! Not to mention smexy. ^_~

What on earth do you consider "busty?" VS stopped carrying anything over a D in their stores because they didn't want any "fat chicks" ruining their "sexy" image by prowling around their stores. Last I checked, large breasts can be considered just as sexy as small ones, and are frequently considered more sexy (god knows why.)

Oh, you can still order larger bras from their catalogue. But you have to waste a ton of time ordering them, trying them on, and sending back the ones that don't fit you right. As long as they don't have to have lardos in their hot-chick brick-and-mortars, though. That's the important thing. No, thank you. I never give my money to VS anymore.

Cacique bras are the way to go. Awesome support (even the non-underwire kind gets my seal of approval), really good value, and CUTE! Sizes 34C - something up to G cup; I can't remember. Just about any color and style you can imagine. Usually bra makers only make bras above a D cup in black, white, and beige. Because obviously those of us with large breasts don't like looking cute or having fun with our undies. Thank goodness Cacique figured out how to corner the market of big-boobed ladies who like their bodies and want to look cute.

I could rant for hours about the fucking stupid prejudices against large-breasted women in the underpants industry.

I do agree with you about bodices, though. Very comfy.

C.bronco
12-10-2009, 07:37 AM
I now see a new application for the HANS unit. *runs off to patent office*

Jersey Chick
12-11-2009, 12:15 AM
That tidbit about Victoria Secret's is hysterical. Someone needs to clue their purchasing dept that not everyone with larger than D cup boobs is fat. Some of us are just lucky that way. Or unlucky, depending on how you look at it. :D

Morons - probably the same ones who think that all petite women are built like 10 year old boys.

quickWit
12-11-2009, 12:20 AM
God, I love this thread.

:D

William Haskins
12-11-2009, 12:22 AM
this thread is useless without pictures.

cray
12-11-2009, 12:23 AM
you want to see a body sliced in half by underwire, don't you?

DeleyanLee
12-11-2009, 12:38 AM
I remember going bra shopping with my mother before I got boobs. She had this thing with 54 hooks (I swear!) that went most of the way down her back, then there was underwire and the cups themselves could've served soup. Mom thought it would be a good experience, since all the women in our family are well-endowed and I should know what to look for.

Traumatized me for life. Though I'm a C/D, I've never worn underwire bras. Just can't look at the things without flashing back to that one shopping trip. Just can't do it.

Bookewyrme
12-11-2009, 12:59 AM
What on earth do you consider "busty?" VS stopped carrying anything over a D in their stores because they didn't want any "fat chicks" ruining their "sexy" image by prowling around their stores. Last I checked, large breasts can be considered just as sexy as small ones, and are frequently considered more sexy (god knows why.)

Well, to be totally truthful, I haven't shopped at VS in over two years (long story involving a credit card and their bank's shenanigans) but I still have the bras, and wear them regularly. Well, when I don't just wear a sports bra.

And I'm a 38D, (strongly resisting upsizing to DD, but I'll probobly have to soon). And I went to VS because they were the only store I ever found that sold cute bras, and were in my size. I still haven't found anything besides wal-mart who do, and wal-mart bras are neither comfy, cute, nor well-made. Hence why I wear sports bras almost exclusively, except on occasion when I must wear a 'normal' bra with some shirt or other.

I've never heard of Cacique? I'd be willing to try, unless you have to shop online. Due to my shape, which is apparently 'unusual' I can never find clothes that fit right. Either won't button across the bust, or go over my hips, or are huge around the waist, and make me look fat. :/

What areas are these Cacique stores in? *gets ready to take notes*

tjwriter
12-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Lane Bryant carries Cacique and other bras for large breasted women. They have a buy two get two sale every so often.

Bubastes
12-11-2009, 01:11 AM
I came home early from work one hot day, exhausted, and plopped down on the sofa next to my wife. A bra "expert" was on some show explaining how to chose a properly fitting bra. All I remember is that, when viewed in profile, the apex of the curve should fall halfway between the shoulder and the elbow.

Don't know if that's true, but to this day, I can't help but notice if a women is low-riding, a bit too perky, or dead-center. I now only watch the news, nature shows, and UFC. :)

Too perky? Is there such a thing? It's not like bras are designed to shove the girls downward.

I like underwire bras for some weird reason. And I'm relatively small, at least judging from this crowd.

Elaine Margarett
12-11-2009, 02:02 AM
Too perky? Is there such a thing? It's not like bras are designed to shove the girls downward.

I like underwire bras for some weird reason. And I'm relatively small, at least judging from this crowd.

I'm relatively small too, and I've always worn underwire. I like the way they fit, nice and snug.

And too perky... uh, yeah. I was glad when I hit my forties and things settled a bit.

Elaine,
who never *got* the pencil test until recently. <g>

Bubastes
12-11-2009, 02:12 AM
Pencil test? What's that?

Old Hack
12-11-2009, 02:28 AM
Move aside, girls, and make room for my 36-GGG cups.

That's all I have to say. (Except that underwires are so uncomfortable that they trigger my fibromyalgia, and that M&S's Firm Support range has been my salvation).

Bookewyrme
12-11-2009, 02:30 AM
Ooh. M&S you say? *plots trip over the weekend* there's one just up the street from me.

Edit - The size you mentioned just finally penetrated. And...eesh. I will never complain again, I swear!

StoryG27
12-11-2009, 02:58 AM
This thread has done terrible things for my body image.

:(

Oh, Elaine, I'm glad you're okay now.

CaroGirl
12-11-2009, 04:14 AM
Compared to some of you ladies, it would appear I'm positively concave!

Susie
12-11-2009, 04:46 AM
Yikes, that must have been very painful 'n sure sorry that happened.

Note to self: Don't wear any bras! :)

Jersey Chick
12-11-2009, 04:51 AM
Sports bras are good. I loves them. I don't have to worry about knocking myself off the elliptical at the gym. :D

William Haskins
12-11-2009, 05:02 AM
you want to see a body sliced in half by underwire, don't you?

what else did you think i could mean? tits?

rhymegirl
12-11-2009, 06:03 AM
Also, underwire bras should NEVER go in the dryer. That's why the underwires start to poke out and otherwise degrade. Most underwires these days are plastic and they can't stand the heat of the dryer.

Oops.

Didn't know that.

Susie
12-11-2009, 06:08 AM
And don't put the underwire bras in the microwave, bet they shrink there too! :)

Silver King
12-11-2009, 06:47 AM
I watched a television show about bras a while back. Learned tons of stuff about them that I've already forgotten, but a few things still stand out. For example, I didn't realize that bras are the most heavily engineered (mostly by men) article of clothing and are more labor intensive to produce than other garments, including shoes. Also, the cup size relates to the weight of the breast, not its actual dimensions. And what I found most surprising is that a great number of women, about 60% or so, wear the wrong bra size for their shape.

Someone mentioned push-up bras earlier, and by appearance, they seem uncomfortable the way they're designed to mash breasts together and enhance the cleavage at an an unnatural angle.

Good quality undergarments are worth their weight in gold. No sense skimping on price when it comes to comfort, especially when bras are worn so close to the heart. :)

C.bronco
12-11-2009, 06:50 AM
LOL, SK should do an article.

To my dismay, my license plate displays my size. When I exit the vehicle, people probably look and say, "Yeah, that's about right."

CaroGirl
12-11-2009, 07:09 AM
LOL, SK should do an article.

To my dismay, my license plate displays my size. When I exit the vehicle, people probably look and say, "Yeah, that's about right."
That's YOU?! You parked in my space yesterday!

jilly61
12-11-2009, 10:10 PM
As a 34FF I'm always grateful to find any bra that fits and resigned that it's probably going to be underwired.
Seems I'm just going to have to remain an accident waiting to happen. :D

icerose
12-11-2009, 11:38 PM
I watched a television show about bras a while back. Learned tons of stuff about them that I've already forgotten, but a few things still stand out. For example, I didn't realize that bras are the most heavily engineered (mostly by men) article of clothing and are more labor intensive to produce than other garments, including shoes. Also, the cup size relates to the weight of the breast, not its actual dimensions. And what I found most surprising is that a great number of women, about 60% or so, wear the wrong bra size for their shape.

The problem is you can go to a store (I'm going to use wal-mart because it's the only one within 3 hr drive) and you can pick out five bras all the same size. Each and every one of them is going to be different. It's not like buying a medium shirt.

I have gone years without being able to find one that actually fits, usually they squish my breasts in a bad way, and so when I do find one that actually fits and feels comfortable and holds my breasts right I buy like five of them because they invariably stop stocking them within a couple of months.

Finding anything that isn't a 6 buckle granny bra in my size is pretty much impossible. When i do find one, I treasure it.

Eventually I will do custom, but until then, I'm stuck finding what I can where I can.

AZ_Dawn
12-11-2009, 11:56 PM

If it makes you feel better, the only reason I'm a D-cup is because I gained weight. :o

Bubastes
12-11-2009, 11:59 PM
The problem is you can go to a store (I'm going to use wal-mart because it's the only one within 3 hr drive) and you can pick out five bras all the same size. Each and every one of them is going to be different. It's not like buying a medium shirt.

Exactly. You can even pick out five bras by the same manufacturer in the same size and they will all fit differently if they're different styles. Frustrating as heck.

rhymegirl
12-12-2009, 12:45 AM

This is absolutely right! I was just planning to say something like this before I read your post.

I have one particular bra which fits perfectly. (I won't mention the size) I bought a different style bra in the exact same size and it's TOO TIGHT! And I know it's too tight. (Didn't find out til I brought it home and tried it on.)

The best solution seems to be that when you've found a certain bra style that fits correctly, buy a whole bunch just like it!

Libbie
12-13-2009, 09:36 PM
That tidbit about Victoria Secret's is hysterical. Someone needs to clue their purchasing dept that not everyone with larger than D cup boobs is fat. Some of us are just lucky that way. Or unlucky, depending on how you look at it. :D

Morons - probably the same ones who think that all petite women are built like 10 year old boys.

Right, totally.

First of all, there is nothing unsexy about large women. It's all a matter of personal taste. Fat bottom girls make the rockin' world go round, remember?

But yeah, hello: I am so bizarrely proportioned that I have to have a lot of my clothes tailored so they'll actually fit me, and I'm learning to sew and alter patterns just so I don't have to deal with it anymore. My waist fits into a size 8, my hips a size 12, and my bust usually can't be squeezed into anything under 16 or 14. And I'm really tall, so nothing is ever long enough. Except when it's too long. Thanks, Victoria's Secret, for adding to my self-image issues by branding me "not attractive enough to be seen in the stores" because I have pronounced curves.

Libbie
12-13-2009, 09:39 PM
I've never heard of Cacique? I'd be willing to try, unless you have to shop online. Due to my shape, which is apparently 'unusual' I can never find clothes that fit right. Either won't button across the bust, or go over my hips, or are huge around the waist, and make me look fat. :/

What areas are these Cacique stores in? *gets ready to take notes*

Man, you are just like me! Learn to sew. ;) It's the only hope for us.

Yeah, Lane Bryant carries Cacique bras. It's like the heaven of big bras. I strongly recommend their "balconette" style -- it's SOOO comfy and it gives a very nice, natural shape. I've found some Cacique outlets at outlet malls, so if you have one near you you might want to try them out. The company frequently has really great sales, too, so get on their mailing list so you can get deals!!

Libbie
12-13-2009, 09:40 PM

Oh, Elaine, I'm glad you're okay now.

If that's you in your picture, you have nothing to worry about, sugar! Never envy large breasts. They may look nice in a bra, but when the bra comes off...avert your eyes.

Silver King
12-14-2009, 03:51 AM
I saw an add today for a backless, strapless bra. How do those work? Is there some type of suction or adhesion device involved?

kayleamay
12-14-2009, 04:07 AM
I saw an add today for a backless, strapless bra. How do those work? Is there some type of suction or adhesion device involved?

I have one and they are instruments of torture. They fasten just above the waist and they have support ribbing (which I think is made from either concrete fiber or razor blades) that runs up the front and ends in what I can only call a "support shelf". Imagine a corset, but solid and backless and even more uncomfortable.

Bookewyrme
12-14-2009, 04:34 AM
If that's you in your picture, you have nothing to worry about, sugar! Never envy large breasts. They may look nice in a bra, but when the bra comes off...avert your eyes.

Amen!! Not to mention, if your bones aren't built to hold them, they give you terrible back problems (which noone but my chiropracter and other large breasted women seems to believe me about. well and my husband), and I'd be willing to bet that even heavily-boned women have problems in that area as well if their breasts are large enough.

And yea, Libbie it does sound like we're about the same, except I'm short not tall, so my clothes are ALWAYS too long! XD
And while I know how to sew, and feel a great deal of pride in making things, I despise the mechanics of it. Soooo boring! I'l note, I did have my wedding dress professionally built from the ground up, so that I could ensure it fit right everywhere. And it did. :)

And finally, I kind of like corsets. Not strapped too tightly of course, cause then they're just uncomfortable. But properly laced, they sure are more comfortable and attractive than say....a normal bra.

backslashbaby
12-14-2009, 04:38 AM
I get no support without underwires or something. So, I've gone to wearing sports bras all the time. Great support, but they squish you tight and undivided against your chest, so they are not as flattering. I've decided I don't care. So I am one woman whose shape is better naked. That's kind of a plus in a way, I figure!

Bird of Prey
12-14-2009, 04:40 AM
Um, excuse me, if you folks - men and women now - stop wearing bras, you'll find that you don't need them. . . .

Silver King
12-14-2009, 04:47 AM
I have one and they are instruments of torture. They fasten just above the waist and they have support ribbing (which I think is made from either concrete fiber or razor blades) that runs up the front and ends in what I can only call a "support shelf". Imagine a corset, but solid and backless and even more uncomfortable.
Thanks for filling me in.

The ad showed a photo of a model wearing what looked like only the front and sides of a bra, with nothing else to hold the bra in place, and I wondered how in the word such a contraption could be made to work. Now I know!

thethinker42
12-14-2009, 04:50 AM
Um, excuse me, if you folks - men and women now - stop wearing bras, you'll find that you don't need them. . . .

Is that before or after the crippling neck, back, and shoulder pain stops?

thethinker42
12-14-2009, 04:52 AM

Some of them are also these weird little adhesive cup thingies. Probably nothing that can't be accomplished with some duct tape and baling twine, and would be about as comfortable.

Unfortunately, they stop at a size C, leaving those of us on the DD end of the spectrum resorting to those aforementioned torture devices.

Wicked
12-14-2009, 04:57 AM
Egad! I had an underwire bra (why I don't know, since I hardly have anything in need of support) that left marks whenever I wore it. I despise the nasty things.

I think corsets, or bustiers, are much prettier than bras anyway. But in my case about the only good a bra is for is as nipple suppression. It makes those social situations less awkward.

Bookewyrme
12-14-2009, 05:20 AM
Is that before or after the crippling neck, back, and shoulder pain stops?

Quoted for truth. Also, aside from all that, the less you wear a bra when you're younger, the more you sag when you're older (e.g. after babies), and the larger you are, the worse the sagging is. For least sag, wear a bra night and day. Except even with sports bras that gets painful. Talk about lose/lose.
-_-

Backslashbaby, I totally agree on sportsbras (why I wear them most of the time!) but sometimes those pretty, frilly shirts with no sleeves look funny over a sports bra, so I gotta wear something else. :Shrug:

Silver King
12-14-2009, 05:34 AM
...But in my case about the only good a bra is for is as nipple suppression. It makes those social situations less awkward.
That's the funniest thing I've read here in a long time, and it reminds me of when my daughter started wearing training bras when she was about eleven or so. I was against the idea because, well, there was nothing there at the time to "train."

My wife said, "At least it'll keep her nipples from poking out as if she's cold all the time."

I had to agree with her there, but I thought pasties would do the job just fine, and I was surprised when that idea was immediately rejected.

So my boobless little girl was allowed to wear bras. Come to think of it, that's about the time when my nearly hairless little girl started to shave, too. I imagine it made her feel all grown up.

Bookewyrme
12-14-2009, 05:53 AM
I admit, I've never seen the point of training bras. I skipped them altogether. I think I was 9 when I got my first A cup. >_<

rhymegirl
12-14-2009, 06:01 AM

I have no idea but really what's the point of this thing? What a dumb invention.

A woman might as well just go bra-less if she doesn't want any straps showing or wants to wear a halter top.

thethinker42
12-14-2009, 07:21 AM
I have no idea but really what's the point of this thing? What a dumb invention.

A woman might as well just go bra-less if she doesn't want any straps showing or wants to wear a halter top.

Some of us *can't* go without a bra when wearing things like that. I'd love to wear a halter top, but strapless/backless bras don't come 38DD...so...straps it is and no halter tops.

scarletpeaches
12-14-2009, 07:25 AM
I never wear a bra when I'm at home. Coat off, shoes kicked, bra undone. They just itch. But outdoors? Running for a bus? Even just walking? Jesus. I'm only 34b and it still gets sore running if I don't have a bra on.

Never, ever underwires though. Bloody instruments of torture. Cloth only.

As for nipples, well I live in Scotland. It's always cold here and nips poke through bra and shirt. If people don't like it? Screw 'em. I've got nipples. Deal with it.

thethinker42
12-14-2009, 07:31 AM
Never, ever underwires though. Bloody instruments of torture. Cloth only.

I definitely prefer them without the damned wire. Sometimes I need one though...LAME.

Oh, and an underwire has caused me some issues getting through an airport, too. Got a nice breast exam from one of the security officers (right out in the middle of the security area too...real nice). *eyeroll*

aliajohnson
12-14-2009, 07:55 AM
I definitely prefer them without the damned wire. Sometimes I need one though...LAME.

Oh, and an underwire has caused me some issues getting through an airport, too. Got a nice breast exam from one of the security officers (right out in the middle of the security area too...real nice). *eyeroll*

Oh, that sucks. I've never had a problem at airports. But I did have an underwire break at work. All I did was lean back to stretch and POW, suddenly I have a hole in my shirt and a piece of metal sticking out of my chest. Fortunately, no one was around to see, but it was awkward telling my boss I needed to run home real quick because my underwear blew up.

thethinker42
12-14-2009, 07:57 AM
Oh, that sucks. I've never had a problem at airports.

I was none too happy about how they handled it (so to speak). I mean, okay, it set off the metal detector. Fine. But having someone feeling me up in front of God and everyone? That was a bit...um...yeah.

The least they could have done was let me pick which security guard did it. I mean, there was one that was hot...

Fortunately, no one was around to see, but it was awkward telling my boss I needed to run home real quick because my underwear blew up.

HAHAHAHAHA I just love the way you worded that :D

scarletpeaches
12-14-2009, 07:57 AM
Heh.

This thread has bewbs.

aliajohnson
12-14-2009, 08:09 AM
I was none too happy about how they handled it (so to speak). I mean, okay, it set off the metal detector. Fine. But having someone feeling me up in front of God and everyone? That was a bit...um...yeah.

The least they could have done was let me pick which security guard did it. I mean, there was one that was hot...

HAHAHAHAHA I just love the way you worded that :D

Things like that are like falling down in public. You just have to laugh.

Why is it never the hotties who search? When I broke my leg and had to go through security in a wheelchair, it was the women who patted me down. And there was definitely a fellow or two I wouldn't have minded searching me over. They looked sweet, like they'd warm their hands first. :D

Back on topic--underwires can be a pain, but I've yet to find a bra without wire that I'm comfortable wearing outside my home. Damn it.

ddemetrius456
12-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Sorry for what had happened to you. It's so painful.