What's going on with old threads popping up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
I've been seeing a lot of threads lately where the original posts were back from in 2004, but they're popping up to the "head of the class" lately.

Is this intentional? Accidental? I'm just curious. Seems odd that some really old questions are getting answers now. :Shrug:

Susan G., the ever-curious.

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
Susan, some of those threads on Bewares have been moved to other forums. Maybe those are the ones you noticed.

Inspired

Registered
Reaction score
I think - but I'm not sure - that a few people have gone back to save old threads that they consider valuable. They reply to them in order to get them off the chopping block.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Inspired said:
I think - but I'm not sure - that a few people have gone back to save old threads that they consider valuable. They reply to them in order to get them off the chopping block.

Oooohhhhh. Okay then. <G> That makes sense to me. Thanks!

Susan G.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Yep, that's probably it. I recently did a pruning where I removed all threads that were more than a year old from most of the boards, and I'll continue that. We're still a little up-and-down right now, but we're crashing less since I did that.

My partner has also found two potential new hosting companies for the forums, so we're evaluating them both to figure out who has better resources for our database. We're going to split the main site from the forums and have two different hosting companies, I think (though it should be seamless for you guys).

Status
Not open for further replies.