Question about men and their razors

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Somehow this topic has come up three times in the last four days and now I'm curious -

There are quite a few male celebrities who sport perma-stubble. It actually looks as if they shave with a guard on or something to achieve a 5 o'clock shadow, 24 hours a day.

Anyone here do that or know how it's done? Or is it just that these guys are so damned virile that they turn from wiping their freshly-shaved faces and a grunt and a scowl later, there's a quarter inch of hair bristling out of their chins?

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
mine gets that way at the 4 day mark. But i get way too many women thinking I'm george clooney, and they start bothering me, so, I shave it. Too much hassle dealing with all those swooning ladies.

LOL

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Norelco Beard Trimmer -- has various depth settings. You can choose how rugged you want your facial hair.

When I sport a beard, I use that to keep the beard trimmed, and my trusty Mach-3 for the wet work.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FEF1V4/?tag=absolutewritedm-20
I know how men shave! I've been married for a baker's dozen years - and I've even opened my eyes once or twice.

I think my question must not make any sense.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
no, you question makes sense, and I know that there are trimmers that will allow you to set the settings so that it looks like you have that perma-stubble look all the time.

I don't know any guys who go to all the trouble to do this, but I'm absolutely certain that it's done.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Now with dclary and Mr. Sinclair mocking their manhood, nobody's going to admit to pruning to just-shaved-three-days-ago.

Why, oh why, do I have a want to shave my head now? I want a perma-stubble brainpan.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Or is it just that these guys are so damned virile that they turn from wiping their freshly-shaved faces and a grunt and a scowl later, there's a quarter inch of hair bristling out of their chins?

I think that's it. Kinda like my husband. :)

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The trimmer is good for keeping the goatee well-shorn. Number four setting for the upper lip and the sonbitch (that little tuft below and centered on lower lip). Number three setting on the rest of the chin. I suspect the number one setting would give that stubble look, but I'd rather lather up and clean the rest with a regular razor. That stubbly look just gives me that "I live in a cardboard box" countenance.

And facial hair is to virility as breast implants are to nursing.

Last edited:

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I have the ultra-deluxe permastubble look, m'self.

0000sgaz

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I treat it the same way as a field of wheat. Let it grow until luxuriant (roughly two hours), chop a bit off and then set fire to the rest.

It's great for my complexion.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's done with the Hunky Pro Max™ beard trimmer. As seen on TV. You can get one for six easy payments of just $19.95 (plus shipping and handling of $24.95) . . . but if you call in the next hour they will knock one payment off! As your free gift they will also include the Brad Pitt Hunky Pro™ hair styler--A $40 value! The first ten callers will also get the Chuck Norris Super Nose Hair Trimmer™.