PDA

View Full Version : I need to ask some really dumb questions

Dave Willhoite
12-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Hi, Everybody,

I need to ask somebody some really basic questions.

I mean, the really basic stuff. The kind of stuff you would ask in a basic college composition class. Because of where I live, I am not able to take a basic composition class.

I need to ask questions about story structure, basic grammar, writing habits, writing for periodicals, outlining and preparation, and other stuff that real writers just seem to know.

And, I don't in particular want to do it in public.

Is there somebody that would be willing to answer some really stupid questions?

Dave

Judg
12-08-2009, 06:16 PM
You'll probably find that most of your questions have been answered in here already. Spend some time poking around the forums and you'll likely find it all.

And do an advanced Google search that's restricted to the Water Cooler, because the Search function in here is the pits.

You don't need to feel bashful about asking in public, mind you. People ask "stupid" questions all the time, and normally get a respectful answer. If you start telling the people who answer you why they're wrong, that doesn't go down so well. ;)

Matera the Mad
12-09-2009, 07:06 AM
You will be amazed at how many basic and "stupid" questions are asked here every day. Most of them are repeated at least once a month. Lurk and read and thou shalt receive education. Next thing we know, you'll be one of the experts.

Bufty
12-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Spend some time browsing the many Forums - http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/ - including the link below, then ask away -

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175

Seams
12-09-2009, 04:02 PM
no questions are stupid, Dave, and on a writing site, is the perfect place to find out what you wish to know.

good luck, see you around the forum.

Seams

Kristin
12-11-2009, 12:40 AM
If you start telling the people who answer you why they're wrong, that doesn't go down so well.
We used to have a guy like that in my local writers group. Because he's an English professor, he would lecture us on why our opinions of his writing were inferior to his. :rant: