PDA

View Full Version : Blogger looking for a review.

JustinlDew
12-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Could someone please review my blog, its a simple site where I basiclly post about anything that interests me.

www.tripleR2025.blogspot.com (http://www.tripleR2025.blogspot.com)

Topaz044
12-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi Justin,

It's a pretty good blog, but I would suggest posting a little bit more in your messages. Most of them are about one sentence only. Also, do you have two blogs? There was a different blog in your signature (the rest were broken links).

Cheers,
Natasha

JustinlDew
12-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Ok, the thing in my signature is my official web site *fixes link* now it's to my blogspot.
For some ungodly reason the links in my signature keep adding absolute right to them in the front,how do I fix this?

veinglory
12-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Make sure you post the full web address in the link, including the http--otherwise the forum will treat it as an internal link..

veinglory
12-08-2009, 09:41 PM
You might want to change this ;) : "The Official Blog if Justin Dew."

JustinlDew
12-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks for spotting that typo.:D

GabrielNovo
01-03-2010, 02:02 AM
Your header needs some work. Really doesn't do the blog any justice. The Quick Links bar might be better suited as a sidebar item instead of distracting from your blog title.

I agree with Topaz that your content should be beefier. If not, you might want to leverage Twitter instead, possibly putting a widget on your site.

Your footer is MASSIVE and I'm not quite sure what you're trying to accomplish with it. Followers, hit counter and countdown are all cool, but the list of changes seems a bit unnecessary.

So far so good. It takes a while to find your footing and blogs undergo a lot of change during the course of their lifetimes. Good luck with your new direction in 2010. I hope this blog works out well for you.

penny manning
01-26-2010, 01:05 AM
Good Grief! Pokemon is still going strong?!!

Justin, your blog looks great... The post page is pretty long, so perhaps put the Follower widget in your sidebar so visitors will see it sooner... (Although, they could click on the link in your blog toolbar, but some people (like me until recently) tend to forget it's there)

You gave me a great idea...I think I'll open a Facebook account for the Characters of my book. Has anyone done that? If so, how has it worked out...send me a link...thanks

Good luck with your blog!

#1Nana
02-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Hi Justin,
Looks like you're off to a good start. The layout is clean and easy to read. I tried the Quick Links, but none of them worked for me.

It would be smart to spell check your content before posting. I know that the newest blogspot editor doesn't support spell check, but the old editor does. I use the newer editor because it offers more features, but I type my content in Word and spell check before I cut and paste into blogspot.

Good luck with your blog.

#1 Nana
http://benchmark60.blogspot.com

JustinlDew
02-09-2010, 01:38 AM
Okay, I fixed the quicklinks bar, rearranged the footer and added a twitter feed.
I also switched to the old editor so it would do spell check.

Thank you to everyone who is helping me make my blog a better place on the web.

If I ever get my book published I'm going to give all of you an autographed copy of it.

penny manning
02-09-2010, 09:13 AM
If I ever get my book published I'm going to give all of you an autographed copy of it.

Not IF, Justin...When you get your book published. ;)

This is what my friend always says to me....

Penny