• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

YA Fantasy/Urban Fantasy Writing Partners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for writing partners which I can strike up a long term partnership with.

Currently, I have a complete <80000 word YA Urban Fantasy Novel. I'm hoping to meet someone who has a complete/almost complete work; someone who is in a similar frame of mind that I am in, so we can get mutual benefits out of our partnership.

I'm a fantasy lover at heart. My favourite authors include Melanie Rawn and L.J Smith. So if you write any type of YA fantasy (including dystopic, sci-fi) I'm interested!!

As for what I write, my current complete work is YA urban fantasy, but I'm interested in fantasy as a genre over all.

-

My story's short synopsis:

Maria Curran is half-witch and half-fairy. Estranged from the supernatural world, she wants only to be human, just like her best friend Chris. However, in her desperation to maintain her human farce, Maria has become addicted to using memory loss potions. Maria thinks she only uses the potions every time she faces sure disaster, but it is impossible to keep track of deliberately forgotten memories. In fact, Maria uses the potion far more than she could ever imagine.
But forgetting memories doesn’t erase the past. Unresolved problems don’t go away – they accumulate. Powerful members of the supernatural world want Maria to come back, and they will stop at nothing to ensure her return. Worse still, Maria, as a half-fairy, possess fantastical fairy powers. With just one drop of blood, Maria can compel ardent, eternal love. Unbeknownst to Maria, she has compelled Chris to fall in love with her.
Their romance is something Maria can’t remember, and Chris cannot forget. His blind love will cost him his humanity, and to save him, Maria will have to sacrifice any chance of ever attaining hers.
-
A sample of my writing here: (I've completely changed this scene though, and a heavily edited version of it is now the first chapter of my story)
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156267
A sample of my criticisms (to other works) here:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156747
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156727

[I haven't been active here for the past months, because I've had exams, but I'm definitely rejoining the fray]
If you're interested, please PM me! :D

desharia

Registered
Reaction score
I am very interested in partnering with you. I have a completed MS at 60k. it is fantasy, with fairies and otherworldly beings. Please PM me if you would like to share works. I too am looking for a long term partner to grow with.

Status
Not open for further replies.