• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

seeking beta readers for cross-genre novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD Cole

Righter's Bloc
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dadakine.com
Hello everyone,

I'm mostly a lurker here, but I've recently buckled down on finalizing my novel. I don't see it being published any time soon, considering it's 300k words long, and I've no wish to split it into two books. I posted some scenes in SYW a couple years back and got some very good suggestions as far as style and pace, and I visit the Writer's Beware section frequently.

I've had several positive critiques on my story as a whole from other forums, but I'd like to have more opinions so I can decide once and for all what to do with this, as I'm already half-done writing its sequel.

It's called Sen'giza, and it sets the stage for every fairy tale and myth I could get my hands on to go to war against 21st century science and an alien from another galaxy. I use lots of cliche's like the "farm girl who turns out to be a royal heir" plot device, and twist them to fit in my universe, hopefully making them more original in the process.

I'd like to send out a chapter at a time for as long as the reader finds it interesting, and would love feedback, positive and negative. Like I said, I don't plan to chop much more from this draft, but I would revisit any "dead spots" that are strongly suggested to me. Thanks for your time, respond here or PM me if you'd like to give my story a shot!

JD

Status
Not open for further replies.