Does waiting feel like rejection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
For me, there always comes a point in waiting where I feel dejected. It's kind of like "they haven't called in weeks...I'm getting dumped!"

"They can't possibly want me!"

I wonder how many others feel the same. It doesn't take an actual rejection to feel like it's bound to happen.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
I think this is the where the optimists are separated from the pessimists. At first I thought, if they haven't rejected me, that means they are considering my book! Now I think, if they haven't rejected me, they haven't READ my book.

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
I think this is the where the optimists are separated from the pessimists. At first I thought, if they haven't rejected me, that means they are considering my book! Now I think, if they haven't rejected me, they haven't READ my book.

Lol. Yeah, I'm a struggling wanna-be optimist too. The glass is half full. the glass is half full...

I've reached that highpoint where I don't think my story stinks. In fact, I think I'm almost at the point of thinking it's a matter of time, which for me is such a drastic change from where I've been.

All the same, it's a "yes" or "no", and the longer it takes to say "no", the longer it will be before someone says "yes", and it's already taken so long to get this far.

I don't want to be in a nursing home sucking air, when someone finally says, "Hey nate, they said YES!" That thought takes all the joy out of the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.