View Full Version : bump like marks on the body

12-05-2009, 07:23 AM
Hi there everybody,

I have a 75-year-old female under going rheumatoid arthritis treatment and thyroid hormone replacement therapy. For a couple of weeks she has had tiny bumps all over the body. At first she wasn't worried, but now that's it going on two weeks it's starting to set in. I tried looking for a reference online but came up empty. Why? Well. I need a name. If someone can give me name I'd send them a smiley face. Sister has the same thing but never asked the doctor.

Can anybody help?

I'm asking this because I'm basing this character on my mother and she has these bumps.

12-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Did a quick google search. Didn't find anything listed for all over body but did find this:
Firm bumps of tissue under the skin on your arms (rheumatoid nodules)

From: http://us.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/rheumatoid-arthritis/DS00020.html (under symptoms)

12-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Thank you Kathleen42 but no. These look more like zits scattered everywhere.

Smiling Ted
12-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Wouldn't your mom know the name?

12-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Actually no.

12-06-2009, 01:21 AM
I am NOT a doctor, but are you sure they're not hives in reaction to the treatments?

12-06-2009, 02:09 AM
They could be milia (milk spots): http://www.skinsight.com/adult/milia.htm

Not directly related to the condition, but all the therapy might be making the skin more sensitive and prone to damage.

12-06-2009, 03:27 AM
The milia are probably the most likely. It's not hives. Thanks guys. :Hug2: