Fluxing FW FW FW FW FW (a rant)

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
I hate forwarded e-mail.

I especially hate getting it from somebody I like who's been sucked in by it because it came from somebody who ought to know better who got sucked in by it because it came from somebody who ought to know better.

Yeah, I just replied to a "POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK" hoaxmail. I hope I haven't made anyone cry. I try to be gentle, but getting hit in the face with a sack of moldy old overused second-hand lying crap does bad things to my mood.

*Sigh*

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
I can sympathize. I think my grandpa is afraid he'll be forgotten, so he forwards pretty much everything he receives... to everyone. the only good thing is that someone taught him how to look things up on snopes, so we don't get the complete hoaxes any more. Still... it's frustrating. Esp. when I receive the same emails several times during the year.

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elysabethwilliams.com
I dislike the forwards as much as I dislike the 'join me in my cause by signing this' and 'I know you'll send this back to me,' chain mail things. Also, my MIL is the complete opposite from me in terms of politics and religion, and I have to gnash my teeth to just delete the things she sends me.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
I dislike the forwards as much as I dislike the 'join me in my cause by signing this' and 'I know you'll send this back to me,' chain mail things. Also, my MIL is the complete opposite from me in terms of politics and religion, and I have to gnash my teeth to just delete the things she sends me.

Nothing upsets me more than prayer forwards.

"By the grace of god, forward this on to 10 friends, and god will shine his heavenly warm love upon you and give you peace and fortune!"

WHY DOES GOD NEED A CHAIN E-MAIL!

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I got an email from my folks yesterday, you know the kind, a thinly veiled line of bs that in the end is just a zealot using the internet and a goofy story to push his political agenda. Anyway, the last line of the email was : An armed society is a more civilized society.

I wanted to slam him back with a "WTF??? Is this what you believe now?! Are you serious? You might be one step closer to a nursing home!!" type of email. The thing is - I know my dad doesn't believe that. And the email was a fake craisglist ad, that no one would post or believe because it was so over the top. It was just some NRA guy with too much time on his hands.

In the end, I typed what I wanted to say, and then deleted it, like a coward.

It just kills me he reads and then forwards all the emails from my crazy midwest relatives... most calling the President a Kenyan. Sigh.

Sorry I took over your rant.

Dicentra P

Help!!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing upsets me more than prayer forwards.

"By the grace of god, forward this on to 10 friends, and god will shine his heavenly warm love upon you and give you peace and fortune!"

WHY DOES GOD NEED A CHAIN E-MAIL!

I always interpret these as forward this to everyone you know or else show everyone that you are an irreverent heathen sinner. Oh well I'm an irreverent heathen sinner I guess. The facebook post equivalent is also a good way to get yourself dropped from my friends list. I have a lot of friends across the spectrum of beliefs and none of them need to be assaulted by this type of holier than god attitude.

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
We are all doomed from failing to forward all that #$@!. I know that I am 'cause most of that junk goes directly to trash (bypassing the in box all together). I'm doomed by stuff I never even saw!!!

So I say, let's party 'til the party is over!!!
:partyguy: :partyguy::partyguy: :partyguy:

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
Uh...yeah, but what if someone you like and respect and have to communicate with from time to time slams you with something gorpy out of the blue?

I just got a condescending reply from her DH. Well, he doesn't suffer from anxiety disorder, so I told him what I thought of what he thought. Ending with, "I don't EVER want my e-mail address included in any barrage of 'friendly' spam that goes on and on to who knows how many thousands of fools and spammers. Do what you like, but keep me out of it. I don't need the filth that splashes back from that vast pool of Internet sewage."

It's bloody self-defense, goddammit.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I RARELY get forwarded emails. In 1998 I got a virus from my boyfriend who didn't know it was in there and he forwarded something to me and I got so aggro with everyone that they all know, don't send me that crap or I'm gonna shout at you.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Hmm. Odd, but my email lets me delete those. Its a simple matter of highlighting and clicking Delete before I even open it.

uh... hello! Sometimes I get awesome pictures of kitties and horsies and doggies!! I am not going to miss out on that because of the NRA.

If you delete all your forwarded emails, the terrorists win!!

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I got an email from my folks yesterday, you know the kind, a thinly veiled line of bs that in the end is just a zealot using the internet and a goofy story to push his political agenda. Anyway, the last line of the email was : An armed society is a more civilized society.

I wanted to slam him back with a "WTF??? Is this what you believe now?! Are you serious? You might be one step closer to a nursing home!!" type of email. The thing is - I know my dad doesn't believe that. And the email was a fake craisglist ad, that no one would post or believe because it was so over the top. It was just some NRA guy with too much time on his hands.

In the end, I typed what I wanted to say, and then deleted it, like a coward.

It just kills me he reads and then forwards all the emails from my crazy midwest relatives... most calling the President a Kenyan. Sigh.

Sorry I took over your rant.

See this is the difference...I'd have not only written back saying exactly what you said, but also given a line by line analysis of why it was crap along with links proving it was all bs. Then again, I'm like that. :D

archerjoe

Registered
Reaction score
One of my family's serial forwarder who is a hat-wearing member of the NRA sent an obvious hoax. I sent back a link on the NRA's site where it stated this was a hoax and how they were embarrassed their members were falling for it. Here's the hoax he fell for: SB 2009

SouthernFriedJulie

Hidin' the bodies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blacklabelbooks.blogspot.com
My mother does this. I hate hate hate it. I once wrote a very long- line by line dissection and tirade of why Little Jimmy wasn't going to get rid of his tumor thanks to my email.

Jesus loves you, not your spam is how I put it once.

Next time I'm popping in a big old peener pic and hitting Reply All.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
WTF you don't know what "BOULDER PLEDGE" means? See those toolbars on your browser (that's your "Internet Window"), such as the Yahoo one? It's called a search engine. It'll "take you there" where you need to go. Read and heed.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
WTF you don't know what "BOULDER PLEDGE" means? See those toolbars on your browser (that's your "Internet Window"), such as the Yahoo one? It's called a search engine. It'll "take you there" where you need to go. Read and heed.

Is this a spamming forward? I'm confused.