Need help naming film...

skttrbrain

Hey everyone, I'm having a little trouble remembering the title of a film. All I can remember is I think it's foreign, and it deals with a man leaving prison after a long time to find that the outside world has changed drastically. It's a dystopia under totalitarian rule or something like that. I think the rest of the plot deals with the robbery (jewel heist) that the man was locked up for originally. People from his past want what he stole or something similar...

I'd appreciate any help....

Cheers

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Its not Demolition Man.

I loved that movie

Mel...

skttrbrain

No, it's not either of those... but they pretty much do match my dodgy description. Interesting...

It might be hard to tag because I'm pretty sure it's foreign, and POSSIBLY in black and white. It's only a few years old though...

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somebody has to know what this is. Now I'm dying to find out...

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Think you need more clues.

Were their special effects? Were they decent? Any stand out scenes stick in your mind? Was the foriegn film European, Asian, Spanish? What were the ethnicities involved? Any memorable terrain? Was this a B movie or first class production or independant film? Any super cool weapons? Any memorable death scenes?

Mel...

skttrbrain

The funny thing is, I haven't seen the film. I've only read a wikipedia article about it :Shrug:

This could be tough...

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah hell...

I'm almost tempted to say Oldboy but there's way too many plot discrepancies based on the initial description.

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Googled "foreign, dystopian, jewel heist" and a movie called "Brazil" with Jonathan Pryce came up.

In an Orwellian vision of the future, the populace are completely controlled by the state, but technology remains almost as it was in the 1970's. Sam Lowry is a civil servant who one day spots a mistake in one of the pieces of paperwork passing through his office. The mistake leads to the arrest of an entirely innocent man, and although Lowry attempts to correct the error, it just gets bigger and bigger, sucking him in with it

Yes?
No?
Maybe?
Eggplant?