PDA

View Full Version : Craft Book Submission

elisadasilva
07-27-2005, 01:48 AM
When submitting a craft book, is it ok to submit photos that show the finished craft even though they might not be photos the editor would keep in the finished manuscript?

Should I submit text only?

Also, the artwork that goes along with each craft is a necessary part of the book. Should I send it as well?

Any input is welcome.
Thanks!

triceretops
07-27-2005, 04:01 AM
You can certainly send sample photos, and it really helps sell the work. Make sure they are copies and not the originals. Rule of thumb is a book photo will take up (averaging out) aprox 1/3 page per. I took 51 35mm photos for my book and those idiots used everyone of them--I say idiots because some of them were badly out of focus--Ha!

Tri

elisadasilva
07-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Thanks Tri!. May I ask what was your book about? I have a digital camera so it makes taking photos so much easier.

triceretops
07-27-2005, 05:10 PM
The book was called Garage Sale Mania. It covered liquidations, auctions, swapmeets, tag sales, everything associated with private vending with second-hand, and some new items. It was published in 1988 and was the first ever book on the subject.

Tri

elisadasilva
07-27-2005, 07:23 PM
omg i am a garage sale freak! what a great idea! I bet you were very successful with that one!