Okay, I'm in Google Wave. Now what?

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Their their. Its not everyday that you have to bare the loneliness. I'm sure you're contacts wont peek out at too people.

I'll get a *&#@ing dictionary :D

Seams

○
Registered
Reaction score
*edit*(thought you were staring a google wave...)

so I read that wrong.

now i'll have to do a search so I know what you're talking about...learn something new.

darn.

Well congrats anyway, what the heck, it's sunday :)

Seams

Last edited:

Seams

○
Registered
Reaction score
am back, heck that's pretty cool, looks like chat on the iface i seen. what else does it do?

Deleted member 42

I can see it being useful for collaboration, maybe, but honestly, I like chat and Google Docs better for that.

I'm going to give it a year or so, but so far?

Meh.

Regan Leigh

Insomniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reganleigh.com
Google Wave

Is there an existing thread like this? I didn't see one.

Any other AW peeps using Google Wave? Want to start a list of user names? I've already used it to do some cool editing. It would be a great place to connect with people for further chatting, editing/critiquing, etc...

*Don't ask me to fully describe it. I'm still learning. These links were given to me by another AW member on Wave and I think they might be helpful to others...
http://lifehacker.com/5376138/google-wave-101
http://completewaveguide.com/

I'm pretty sure you still need an invite to join up. I have a small amount I can give out if you're interested. Just PM me.

Last edited:

Regan Leigh

Insomniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reganleigh.com
Ah, hello! :) Didn't see you sitting here, lovely thread. :D

I'm on it and I had a very successful run of Wave with another AW person tonight. We edited a chapter together. It was great. :D I think she had a gmail acct, though.

Deleted member 42

I tried using Google Docs for a collaborative - it was a failure. Access is supposed to work for any email address, at least according to the instructions. In practice, it only worked for gmail addresses. I ended up having to email copies of the document.

I've used it with non-gmail accounts; I wonder if it was a Web browser issue?

It does not work well with Safari, for instance.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am so uncool.

I have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about.

I have no idea what they're talking about either. We can be uncool together.

I know we can quote lines from Star Wars to each other.

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
Ha, I searched but didn't catch any other thread either.

Yeah, there are browser issues. It so pisses me off when any site disses K-Meleon (my web browser, for those who never know what I'm talking about :tongue ). I have to use Firefox or Opera for Wave. I can't even get in with K-Meleon now, it says I'm refusing cookies, which is complete horse-poo.

I have good Gmojo. I invited my workplace, which has a Gmail/groups/etc. account, and we're in already.

Last edited:

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I got it the other day from am 50/90er, he's on my contact list, now there's another 50/90er on my contact list (someone I wrote a song with Summer '88, from across the pond or in Argentina or something)... it seems to work with the latest Firefox, if only I knew what to DO with it...

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I received an invite earlier today. I haven't really looked at it yet, but so far I doubt I'll have much use for it.

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
I have it as well, but everytime I am on it takes quite a while to load..so I just end up quitting each time. I will eventually give it a go. Seems like tis the season for it, looking at everyone and their invites. Have fun y'all. :D

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
There's this video, I've seen the first half hour or so (if you have connection problems, click the HQ button to turn that off). The first several minutes about how "amazing" and "magical" Google Wave is, all that's just annoying. You won't lose much by skipping ahead to about 6 minute in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_UyVmITiYQ

It's sort of a combo of everything. Drawing apps, pic hosting, email, chat ... Live chat even sends each character as it is typed, just like old-fashioned modems and stuff.

Dunno why it doesn't just come up as a kitchen sink - hot water on the left, cold on the right ... it would make more sense to me.

Deleted member 42

I've found the text/html docs a lot more interesting and helpful than the &%($** videos.