I like this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nivvie

Rejections, She Wrote.
Registered
Reaction score
So I've been thinking about all the forums I'm addicted to, and I have to say this is the most grown up and widely plucked. You're a nice mix of folks.

There's not loads of 'cliques', and not huge amounts of sickly 'Oh you're the soooo right :kiss:huggle111!!!111 ' stuff.
And people don't seem to get all suicidal at stern replies, can take jokes etc.

Plus, just like my Volvo maintenance site, full of useful info you can actually use!

If I had any money I'd contribute, but I don't so I'll just say nice things instead.

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Nivvie said:
So I've been thinking about all the forums I'm addicted to, and I have to say this is the most grown up and widely plucked. You're a nice mix of folks.

I like it here too. I used to be on another writer's board, but this one is much better, and with so much more to offer. I also like how it's moderated. A public board needs moderators who are on the stick. That's something that makes AW work.

And there are a lot of well-published professionals here, who are more than willing to share knowledge and advice. With so many interesting threads going on at a time, it can be hard to keep up with them all. Who has time fore writing? :)

It's a great community, and I'm glad to be a part of it. More fiction than non-fiction writers, though. Although most of the helpful information is crossover material.

underthecity

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
I like it here, too...

Kisses and huggles !1!!1!!! LOL!!1!!11!!!

:)

Nivvie

Rejections, She Wrote.
Registered
Reaction score
Saritams8 said:
Kisses and huggles !1!!1!!! LOL!!1!!11!!!

:)

Ahhh! My eyes! It burns!!!:scared:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Watch out, Nivvie. Here comes some more of that mushy stuff.

I like it here, too. :Hug2:

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
All your kisses and huggles are belong to us!11111!

(I crack myself up)

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
..give me some too...i need a hug and some kisses....:cry:

Hello everyone it's been a while, but i'm back here for a day or two until i'm back in the ole' trenches of "work on the road" again.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
Nivvie
Watch out for Brady H...he has his own underwear thread and it's a doooozie. I Lurked there all weekend and learned all kinds of stuff.
S

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
JoeEkaitis said:
I like the coffee. Is this 100% Colombian?

Joe, I hope you didn't get your coffee at that book signing. Someone may have gotten the halls confused.....ew ew ew

DTNg

Going through the motions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writersrow.com
I'm trying not to get addicted. I find the more time I spend writing, the more I need to break up my isolation by visiting a message board. I also spend time at Writers Row.

I find the people here to be very helpful and encouraging though. That makes it easy to return.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
BradyH1861 said:
I noticed that there was hugging and kissing going on in here, so I just stopped in to stand in line and wait for my turn.

Brady H.

Uh, I think you have to say something nice first.

Nivvie

Rejections, She Wrote.
Registered
Reaction score
scfirenice said:
Nivvie
Watch out for Brady H...he has his own underwear thread and it's a doooozie. I Lurked there all weekend and learned all kinds of stuff.
S

OK, so I just poked my head in there and it gave me the same feeling I get when I chew on a towel. Squeaky, nasty blackboard scraping arrgghh!!

There's something about men's underwear, something about defineable 'lumps' that give me the creeps. I much prefer a nice, vague, 'bump'.

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
Unique said:
Joe, I hope you didn't get your coffee at that book signing. Someone may have gotten the halls confused.....ew ew ew
Nah, it's from AW's own break room.

Now, if you click on the sign, you'll see why it's easy to mistake one hall for the other. ;)

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like this place because it's full of novel ideas. :ROFL:

JoeEkaitis said:
Nah, it's from AW's own break room.

Now, if you click on the sign, you'll see why it's easy to mistake one hall for the other. ;)
They could have combined halls and saved some money - bull is bull, Right?

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
The bumps thing is okay...better than the loose hangy thing that sometimes goes on. I prefer those new boxer-brief jobs....I'll pop into Brady's thread and see if we can get him to cough up what's going on there with him today....

WriteRead

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
dan-skies.blogspot.com
Yep, a wonderful place, full w very, very, very useful info of every kind and w friendly, helpful people, esp concerning writing and we're here for this, right? So, smiles:) , kisses:kiss: , hugs:Hug2: , cheers:Cheers:, clappings:Clap: , applauds, hooray:hooray: , laughs:ROFL:, hail :Hail: and congrats when you tell us you're published, or married online, or giving birth, or had a negative mamograph or a uterus check or a colon one, he-he-he!!

I definitely crack myself and y'all, up :ROFL:,

Dan

Sara Rachael Hope

Just an (aka) alias!
Registered
Reaction score
WriteRead said:
Yep, a wonderful place, full w very, very, very useful info of every kind and w friendly, helpful people, esp concerning writing and we're here for this, right? So, smiles:) , kisses:kiss: , hugs:Hug2: , cheers:Cheers:, clappings:Clap: , applauds, hooray:hooray: , laughs:ROFL:, hail :Hail: and congrats when you tell us you're published, or married online, or giving birth, or had a negative mamograph or a uterus check or a colon one, he-he-he!!

I definitely crack myself and y'all, up :ROFL:,

Dan

Thanks for this! And Brady, thanks for what u said too. It helped me make myself happy!
Hugs,
D.
(Actually AW does that kind of thing...they are AllWright!!!!!!! and it seems always right as well. Good medicine.):kiss:

Anastacia

Milk Maker
Registered
Reaction score
I really like this place.

I like the excellent, user-friendly design.

I like the wide variety of forums.

I like how the board attracts writers who haven't a single clip and writers who've sold thousands of books.

Most of all I like the fact that this board is welcoming to new writers, but in a you-must-write-decently-to-get-published-sense rather than the more typical yes-I-know-I-can-barely-write-but-how-dare-you-kill-my-dreams sense that often haunts many writing message boards.

This is one cool cyberplace. :)

Nivvie

Rejections, She Wrote.
Registered
Reaction score
Some of you people have turned my thread into a kooky love-fest!
Shame on you!
Now I have to clean the monitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.