PDA

View Full Version : I like this place.

Nivvie
07-26-2005, 12:41 AM
So I've been thinking about all the forums I'm addicted to, and I have to say this is the most grown up and widely plucked. You're a nice mix of folks.

There's not loads of 'cliques', and not huge amounts of sickly 'Oh you're the soooo right :kiss:huggle111!!!111 ' stuff.
And people don't seem to get all suicidal at stern replies, can take jokes etc.

Plus, just like my Volvo maintenance site, full of useful info you can actually use!

If I had any money I'd contribute, but I don't so I'll just say nice things instead.

underthecity
07-26-2005, 12:53 AM
So I've been thinking about all the forums I'm addicted to, and I have to say this is the most grown up and widely plucked. You're a nice mix of folks.

I like it here too. I used to be on another writer's board, but this one is much better, and with so much more to offer. I also like how it's moderated. A public board needs moderators who are on the stick. That's something that makes AW work.

And there are a lot of well-published professionals here, who are more than willing to share knowledge and advice. With so many interesting threads going on at a time, it can be hard to keep up with them all. Who has time fore writing? :)

It's a great community, and I'm glad to be a part of it. More fiction than non-fiction writers, though. Although most of the helpful information is crossover material.

underthecity

Sarita
07-26-2005, 01:04 AM
I like it here, too...

Kisses and huggles !1!!1!!! LOL!!1!!11!!!

:)

Nivvie
07-26-2005, 01:09 AM
Kisses and huggles !1!!1!!! LOL!!1!!11!!!

:)

Ahhh! My eyes! It burns!!!:scared:

BradyH1861
07-26-2005, 01:33 AM
I noticed that there was hugging and kissing going on in here, so I just stopped in to stand in line and wait for my turn.

Brady H.

rhymegirl
07-26-2005, 01:40 AM
Watch out, Nivvie. Here comes some more of that mushy stuff.

I like it here, too. :Hug2:

Azure Skye
07-26-2005, 02:15 AM
:heart::Hug2::kiss::Sun::LilLove:

maestrowork
07-26-2005, 02:18 AM
you people offends me.

133V3 nOvv 111111

aadams73
07-26-2005, 02:23 AM
All your kisses and huggles are belong to us!11111!

(I crack myself up)

JoeEkaitis
07-26-2005, 02:27 AM
I like the coffee. Is this 100% Colombian?

Vanessa
07-26-2005, 02:30 AM
..give me some too...i need a hug and some kisses....:cry:

Hello everyone it's been a while, but i'm back here for a day or two until i'm back in the ole' trenches of "work on the road" again.

scfirenice
07-26-2005, 02:30 AM
Nivvie
Watch out for Brady H...he has his own underwear thread and it's a doooozie. I Lurked there all weekend and learned all kinds of stuff.
S

Unique
07-26-2005, 03:08 AM
I like the coffee. Is this 100% Colombian?

Joe, I hope you didn't get your coffee at that book signing. Someone may have gotten the halls confused.....ew ew ew

DTNg
07-26-2005, 03:51 AM
I'm trying not to get addicted. I find the more time I spend writing, the more I need to break up my isolation by visiting a message board. I also spend time at Writers Row.

I find the people here to be very helpful and encouraging though. That makes it easy to return.

rhymegirl
07-26-2005, 03:54 AM
I noticed that there was hugging and kissing going on in here, so I just stopped in to stand in line and wait for my turn.

Brady H.

Uh, I think you have to say something nice first.

Nivvie
07-26-2005, 08:29 AM
Nivvie
Watch out for Brady H...he has his own underwear thread and it's a doooozie. I Lurked there all weekend and learned all kinds of stuff.
S

OK, so I just poked my head in there and it gave me the same feeling I get when I chew on a towel. Squeaky, nasty blackboard scraping arrgghh!!

There's something about men's underwear, something about defineable 'lumps' that give me the creeps. I much prefer a nice, vague, 'bump'.

JoeEkaitis
07-26-2005, 09:23 PM
Joe, I hope you didn't get your coffee at that book signing. Someone may have gotten the halls confused.....ew ew ewNah, it's from AW's own break room.

Now, if you click on the sign, you'll see why it's easy to mistake one hall for the other. ;)

Unique
07-26-2005, 10:41 PM
I like this place because it's full of novel ideas. :ROFL:

Nah, it's from AW's own break room.

Now, if you click on the sign, you'll see why it's easy to mistake one hall for the other. ;) They could have combined halls and saved some money - bull is bull, Right?

scfirenice
07-27-2005, 12:41 AM
The bumps thing is okay...better than the loose hangy thing that sometimes goes on. I prefer those new boxer-brief jobs....I'll pop into Brady's thread and see if we can get him to cough up what's going on there with him today....

DaveKuzminski
07-27-2005, 04:50 AM
Damn, where did we go wrong in not having all those kisses and huggles? ;)

WriteRead
07-28-2005, 08:37 AM
Yep, a wonderful place, full w very, very, very useful info of every kind and w friendly, helpful people, esp concerning writing and we're here for this, right? So, smiles:) , kisses:kiss: , hugs:Hug2: , cheers:Cheers:, clappings:Clap: , applauds, hooray:hooray: , laughs:ROFL:, hail :Hail: and congrats when you tell us you're published, or married online, or giving birth, or had a negative mamograph or a uterus check or a colon one, he-he-he!!

I definitely crack myself and y'all, up :ROFL:,

Dan

Sara Rachael Hope
07-28-2005, 08:51 AM
Yep, a wonderful place, full w very, very, very useful info of every kind and w friendly, helpful people, esp concerning writing and we're here for this, right? So, smiles:) , kisses:kiss: , hugs:Hug2: , cheers:Cheers:, clappings:Clap: , applauds, hooray:hooray: , laughs:ROFL:, hail :Hail: and congrats when you tell us you're published, or married online, or giving birth, or had a negative mamograph or a uterus check or a colon one, he-he-he!!

I definitely crack myself and y'all, up :ROFL:,

Dan

Thanks for this! And Brady, thanks for what u said too. It helped me make myself happy!
Hugs,
D.
(Actually AW does that kind of thing...they are AllWright!!!!!!! and it seems always right as well. Good medicine.):kiss:

Anastacia
07-28-2005, 09:58 AM
I really like this place.

I like the excellent, user-friendly design.

I like the wide variety of forums.

I like how the board attracts writers who haven't a single clip and writers who've sold thousands of books.

Most of all I like the fact that this board is welcoming to new writers, but in a you-must-write-decently-to-get-published-sense rather than the more typical yes-I-know-I-can-barely-write-but-how-dare-you-kill-my-dreams sense that often haunts many writing message boards.

This is one cool cyberplace. :)

Nivvie
07-28-2005, 03:46 PM
Some of you people have turned my thread into a kooky love-fest!
Shame on you!
Now I have to clean the monitor!

WriteRead
07-28-2005, 10:39 PM
Don't you dare clean Me off your monitor!! Leave me there!

Dan

Nivvie
07-30-2005, 01:14 AM
Dammit, you're all hot and sticky.
I'm going to have to get the bleach.

sassandgroove
07-30-2005, 01:58 AM
It is definitely the WRITE place for me. HAHA!

JennaGlatzer
07-30-2005, 11:31 AM
You people are damn cute. So glad you like it here.

Weirdos.

ChunkyC
08-03-2005, 04:49 AM
Did somebody say 'weirdos?' http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Personally, I like how everyone here is so different from one another....

http://bestsmileys.com/scifi/5.gif

aspier
08-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Some of you people have turned my thread into a kooky love-fest!
Shame on you!
Now I have to clean the monitor!

Nivvi get your shoe and booty-kick zeee lovey-doveys from your thread! Oh I am glad I'm not that stupid to fll in love in threads ... ok I like women but that's not the point, is it? Mmmm mature solid honest married women ... good women you know. Sexy young old ones and so on et al see? But yes I oh no agree with you on this love in bare threads. Who goes for love anyway.

Anyway where was I? Oh yes here I am!