PDA

View Full Version : my resilient mojo

jerry phoenix
11-26-2009, 09:04 PM
i have had more rejections this week than i have had in previous months. one publication got back to me inside of a week. rejected saturday, resubbed monday rejected again today. and i had another rejection for another story this week too.

i would never had thought my shoulders were broad enough to carry all this rejection, but they are. my mojo is still working, i still have enough courage/bloodymindedness to continue writing-its slow going though because resubbing is cutting into my writing time.

there must be something wrong with me.

Izz
11-26-2009, 11:37 PM
You're building up an immunity. That's good.

BigWords
11-27-2009, 05:18 AM
If you get paper rejections rather than e-mail ones, which are more common, do something useful with the rejections. Papier-mâché hats are all the rage these days...

Matera the Mad
11-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Bloodymindedness will get you through almost anything. :D

Wayne K
11-27-2009, 07:56 AM
It's worked for me more than once.

jerry phoenix
11-27-2009, 03:14 PM
If you get paper rejections rather than e-mail ones, which are more common, do something useful with the rejections. Papier-mâché hats are all the rage these days...

:D
i do like a nice hat

jerry phoenix
04-27-2010, 02:56 PM
my mojo isnt working today but not because of rejection.

i have had some small successes in the last week or so. i film maker wants my short, ive given it to him and i am meeting him this weekend to discuss the project. i sent a script i wrote some time ago to a local theatre and i am building some good relationships with the local drama community. two of my shorts have generated possitive responses from editors, they have asked me not to send my story elsewhere and sub deadlines are looming-one is this friday-i will know soon if i have my first published story. i completed a first draft of a new short last week. i have a couple of new ideas vying for the chance to be the next story i write.

i cant seem to do anything today. i could start my edits on the newly completed first draft. i could start work on one of the new ideas.

i think i am a bit washed out. i cant do anything, except moan on AW.

i am on my third coffee and my fourth ciggy.

i know my mojo is resilient and can take the knocks. i cant seem to get it to work when i have had some possitives. i dont feel like i am resting on my laurels, i know what that is like and this aint it.

i am going to play grand theft auto and hope that by wasting some time i can kspur myself into action. maybe i should just get on with it. get on with it? the very thought is exhausting. maybe i should go for a walk. maybe i should go to the pub; it is open, it almost seems rude not to.

jerry phoenix
04-27-2010, 03:10 PM
i have just put the snooker on. c'mon steve. a strange calm has come over me. the coffee must be wearing off.

mccardey
04-27-2010, 03:25 PM
i think i am a bit washed out. i cant do anything, except moan on AW.

You look to me like you're coming down with something.

It's probably flu.

You should rest and have a nice drink and watch some snooker.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Soccer Mom
04-27-2010, 05:20 PM
Porting this to rejection and dejection.

Keep that mojo, Jerry!

And yes, rest and snooker is good for what ails you.