PDA

View Full Version : The Haunted Vacation

Diana Hignutt
11-23-2009, 08:23 PM
So, I'm getting ready to go on vacation to Jamaica. We're going for our 18th anniversary. So, we got the stuff from the travel agent and it turns out our resort is built on what was part of the estate, Rose Hall, that was once the home of the "White Witch of Jamaica". Apparently, this murderous and evil practioner of the dark arts was killed in a slave uprising, but the voodoo priest that killed her died in the attempt and was never able to perform the vodoo ritual over the witch's grave that would keep her ghost from rising. So, the cursed resort (literally) is haunted by the white witche's ghost. Almost a quarter of the tour book the travel agent put together for us was about the history and legends of this white witch. No wonder we got such a good deal. I will report back on any mysterious incidents or ghost sightings.

DeleyanLee
11-23-2009, 08:36 PM
Sounds like great fun! Hope you enjoy it.

Dawnny Baby
11-23-2009, 09:36 PM
My sister and I went on a few haunted tours when we went to Savannah a year ago. At one point, on one of the tours, she grabbed my arm and said, "Let's go. We're done." When I asked why, she waited until we were outside, then confided that she'd felt a tug at the hem of her sweater in the last room we'd been in. Glancing around, she realized no one was standing near her.

Ooh! I get chills thinking about it! :scared:

backslashbaby
11-24-2009, 01:15 AM
Fun!!! I stayed at a haunted B&B once [reviewed as such], but there was a new owner who was very uptight at the mention of it, who believed everything had been exorcised.

Ummmm, huh-uh. But we were polite and pretended nothing had happened at breakfast :)

Please report back! I have to say I hope things are uneventful, considering who they say that ghostie is!

tjwriter
11-24-2009, 01:44 AM
What happened at breakfast?

backslashbaby
11-24-2009, 01:50 AM
Sorry :) At breakfast we didn't tell what had happened. The night before, the locked closet had strange bangs and bumps, finally culminating in classical piano being played. Louder and louder. All. Night. Long.

Behind the closet was just our bathroom, and nobody else was on our floor. We asked the only other couple there if thay had heard it, or if the owner knew what it could be, but she didn't like the implications of that ;)

Sometimes I hear dead people; no biggie ;) ;) I was surprised when it got loud enough for my Ex to hear, though! I think they exorcised that poor ghost to the closet, lol :D

megan_d
11-24-2009, 11:31 AM
I think life must be more interesting when you believe in ghosts, but my mind just won't let me.

kaitie
11-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Sorry :) At breakfast we didn't tell what had happened. The night before, the locked closet had strange bangs and bumps, finally culminating in classical piano being played. Louder and louder. All. Night. Long.

Behind the closet was just our bathroom, and nobody else was on our floor. We asked the only other couple there if thay had heard it, or if the owner knew what it could be, but she didn't like the implications of that ;)

Sometimes I hear dead people; no biggie ;) ;) I was surprised when it got loud enough for my Ex to hear, though! I think they exorcised that poor ghost to the closet, lol :D

I must know where this was. Please rep me if you don't want to say? I'd love to visit this place.

backslashbaby
11-24-2009, 05:39 PM
http://www.chesterbed.com/accommodations.htm

It was one of the 2nd story rooms, overlooking the gardens :) We were there to do Monticello and vineyards - gorgeous area! And the food was really good. Just don't mention ghosts anymore, lol. But if my guy heard it, it would be a great place for a recording or something, imho. That's unusual.

kaitie
11-24-2009, 05:56 PM
I now have a reason to go to Virginia. :D I actually would love to do a haunted tour of the US one day. There's actually a really famous haunted tunnel not too far from where I live. One of these days I'm hoping to go out and visit it, but I'm pretty certain at this point the legend is more fiction than fact. Still cool, though. :)

StandJustSo
11-25-2009, 03:52 AM
backslashbaby;

I hear dead people too, and even see them sometimes... if they all would just speak English, that would be a help, LOL. If you ever want to swap experiences, let me know, I'm always interested in hearing personal experiences.

jodiodi
11-25-2009, 09:35 AM
I'd love to do a haunted tour too. We've gone to several places around here in TN and KY that were allegedly haunted, but never saw or heard anything.

My husband's afraid of ghosts and things. I'm not. I love 'em.

Kaiser-Kun
11-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Remember to carry a chalk for defensive circles or graffitti purposes. :)