Mwahahaha! Watch me write mofos!

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
SO yesterday... Banner day.

I finally got off my butt and started setting rules for myself. Write before everything else. No games, no tv, no nothing, until I've actually sat down and written. It doesn't matter how much, just that I did it.

Yesterday? 6000 words. Yeah, you heard me. I wrote 6000 words in one day at an average of 49 words per minute.

Today, its only 10 in the morning, I've already done 2200 words at 56 words per minute!!!

I'm sorry for bragging, but I'm on cloud nine right now. I'm sure the rest of you can identify with those few gorgeous times when it just WORKS and FLOWS!!!

:)

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Hell yeah. I get into a groove and I can't stop. When my wife interrupts me to check her e-mails I shake and pace back and forth. (we need another computer)

I just woke up after passing out from a 24 hour editing session. I got it done and I did it well. I know exactly how you feel.

Reaction score
See? Shows it can be done if you shut up whining and just write.

Me and tt42 aren't superhuman. We just quit wangsting and get on with it.

You want proof? Even an arsehole like lucid can write that many words in one day.

S.J.

Addict? I can quit whenever I want!
Registered
Reaction score
Woop de doop.

I love it when people start threads like this. It makes a change from "I've got writers' block, what the eff do I do???"

But anyway, congrats.
:tongue

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mofo, you forgot to embed the video!

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
He's too busy writing.

Gad, you're worse than my wife.:D

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lucid, it's nice that you've finally found a hobby. Bwaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha! Seriously, it's about time you got off your ass and did something besides piss people off. :D

I've been thinking about temporarily bailing on AW so I can get my shit together. Not so much so I'll write more, but so I can focus on doing more with the stuff I've already written.

KEEP WRITING NIMROD! I KNOW WHERE TO FIND YOU!

Sincerely,

Nurse Ratched

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Congrats, Lucid!

go go go go!

and have a twirling princes

others-194.gif

hell, have a few

others-194.gif
others-194.gif
others-194.gif
others-194.gif
others-194.gif
others-194.gif
others-194.gif

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
SO yesterday... Banner day.

I finally got off my butt and started setting rules for myself. Write before everything else. No games, no tv, no nothing, until I've actually sat down and written. It doesn't matter how much, just that I did it.

Yesterday? 6000 words. Yeah, you heard me. I wrote 6000 words in one day at an average of 49 words per minute.

Today, its only 10 in the morning, I've already done 2200 words at 56 words per minute!!!

I'm sorry for bragging, but I'm on cloud nine right now. I'm sure the rest of you can identify with those few gorgeous times when it just WORKS and FLOWS!!!

:)
HUH...really? Only 6k? I wrote 10K...yeah. eat my dust. :tongue

Seriously though. Good job!

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Funny how the lack of a comma in the title changes the entire meaning, because I'm wondering why you'd want to write "mofos." :D

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
Aadams, awesome. No one caught the fact that I simply copied the word Mofos and pasted it 10000 times this weekend!

And to you scarlet, **** *** you ****ing ****rag **** *****!!!

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You said even a worthless dickbag wankfest shit eating cock snack like me could write 6K in a day :)

As for whats in the ****, I'll never tell!

And THIS is why I heart the peach. I do, I do and I always will. ;)

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
I can get into a zone if I have everything blocked out; the outline, I mean. I'm on the last part of my book, which is somewhat blocked out - I've been writing, but it's only been a few pages here and there - I haven't gotten into the zone with it yet but I'm sure I will.
Ever see The Shining? The part where Wendy comes over and gives Jack a kiss while he's trying to type and he yells at her because she's gotten in the way of his thought process?
That's my husband - my husband's Wendy. But he's been good lately at not interrupting when he sees me typing.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Licid, you're so funny. Don't you just love those runs?

I once wrote 10,000 words in one day. I was so high! The story just kept writing and writing.

Best drug evah!

Reaction score
I haven't had a 10k day in ages. I miss it. :(

I've found that I can't plan for them, though. They just happen when the planets are aligned just so.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I haven't had a 10k day in ages. I miss it. :(

I've found that I can't plan for them, though. They just happen when the planets are aligned just so.

I usually can't plan for it, but when it's this early in a new WIP, I can usually get two or three 10K days out. It's 2pm and I'm past 2,000, so if I can knock out another 8K in 10 hours, I'm golden.