YEAH! Finally Some Justice For The Little Guy! :D

Pepper

I IS PRANCING
Registered
Reaction score
Website
houseofpeppers.blogspot.com
Have you ever had some incensitive pricktoid open their car door onto your car, leaving a dent and scratched paint? Have you ever approached your car in the parking lot only to discover a new dent, scratch, snapped mirror or mangled bumper? How often, when this happened, did you receive justice? How often did the jerk get away?

Doesn't it just piss you off??

Well do I have a story for you guys! :D

Today I went out to lunch with my husband and two of our friends. We ate in the outdoor sitting area, which looked over a small loop road. The loop road has a few 90 minute parallel parking spots as well as a taxi rank. This is an upmarket area, and the cars that were parked out the front of the restaurant were relatively nice. Of particular interest- a BMW and a Mini, or more specifically, the not-big-enough gap between them.

We were all sitting at this table, discussing the menu. Our attention was drawn to the loop road when we saw a car pull up to attempt a parallel park between the BMW and the Mini. We watched anxiously as this guy reversed the back end of his car slowly in. It was apparent very quickly that there was no way on the face of this planet that this guy was going to fit his car in that gap.

"Oh god, he's not seriously going to try that, is he?" My friend said.

No sooner did he finish saying that, the car driver reversed square into the front bumper of the Mini. We were all in shock. He was stupid, and now he'd stuffed up. Everyone was watching him, including the waitress who was supposed to be taking our orders.

It got worse.

Despite what must have felt like a very noticable prang, the guy kept trying to squeeze his car in. Someone got out of the passenger seat to help direct the driver into the spot. The passenger proceeded to laugh and flap his hands about, waving the guy in.

The driver had the rear end of his vehicle firmly in the parking spot (he'd pushed the Mini out of the way with his rear bumper), and began to swing the front of his vehicle in. There was not enough room, by a foot.

Instead of giving up, this guy drove the corner of his front bumper into the back bumper of the BMW, sliding it across, pushing the BMW forward until his car was in the gap. When his car finally broke contact with the BMW, the BMW's bumper bounced back to (somewhat crushed) shape.

Our mouths were hanging open. The waitress stood there in shock. The guy wanted to straighten his car in its spot. He reverse a little, bumping the Mini again, pushing it backwards, and then drove forward, hitting the BMW. The passenger was still laughing and flapping his hands around.

Total. Blatant. Disregard.

The driver got out of his seat, locked his car, and started to walk off. That was until he saw half the restaurant gawking at him, and he walked back to examine the BMW. He smiled smugly, rubbed his thumb on the broken bumper, then walked off.

We all exploded. The waitress told us that the guy was a regular at the restaurant, and he was the most obnoxious, hurtful customer she'd ever seen. She said that what he'd just done totally fit his arrogant personality.

Patrons at the restaurant approached the car and took photos with their phones, gathering evidence. The staff members wrote down the details of the license plates and contacted security.

Security drove past. We could see their heads crane as they checked out the damage, but they just laughed at each other (at the stupidity of the driver, I'm hoping, and not out of respect for the guy's perserverance) and kept moving.

My friend was determined to thump the guy when he got back, refusing to drink any more wine with his wife lest it weaken his ability to put up a good fight. He wouldn't act on it, we knew, but we all understood where he was coming from. We were all so pissed at this guy, reflecting to every time some jerk damaged our cars without so much as a note on the windscreen.

Well.

The owner of the BMW, a young mother with a preteen daughter by her side, came back to her car. She saw the damage, and flipped out. She started taking photos with her phone as well.

My friend hurried over to the woman and told her what had happened, and that there was half a restaurant of witnesses. The woman promptly headed over to the Police Beat of the mall and fetched an officer. The police officer looked over the damage of the cars, took some photos, and spoke with the lady at length. The security guards, who had looped back to this area of their patrol, saw the fuss and stopped. They started taking photos too, and tried to look like they gave a stuff.

One of the waitresses mentioned that the guy who'd done all the damage- the obnoxious restaurant regular- was actually in the restaurant, and was finishing up his meal and drink. Sure enough, soon the guy headed back to his car, only to be greeted by the police officer.

One of the witnesses who had been talking to the owner of the BMW told us that the guy had told the police that he "noticed he'd already accidentally bumped the car, so decided to hang around until the owner got back".

Yeah. Right.

We watched in anticipation. The police officer talked a little while on his two-way, then to the guy. Then the police officer pulled out a pair of hand cuffs and snapped them on the guy's wrists.

YEAH!! We all cheered and clapped. You should have seen the sulky death glare we got. It was so rich. The police officer lead the guy back to the Police Beat, which meant walking past the whole restaurant stretch in cuffs. Ahhh, the walk of shame.

The guy is going to be made to pay back all damages done to the BMW and the Mini, as well as any other associated costs (I sniff a court case by that statement) and will also be made to answer for the other warrants the officer discovered on this guy.

Ain't justice grand?

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
What he probably figures was that he could finish eating and leave before anyone noticed-- or that it was no big deal.

But it's because of this sort of thing-- and minor ones-- that I park in a remote corner of the parking lot, way away from other cars AND traffic patterns.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
We watched in anticipation. The police officer talked a little while on his two-way, then to the guy. Then the police officer pulled out a pair of hand cuffs and snapped them on the guy's wrists.

YEAH!! We all cheered and clapped.
I'm reminded of another loud restaurant scene, in "When Harry Met Sally."

Yeah, it's one of the few movies I've actually seen...
What he probably figures was that he could finish eating and leave before anyone noticed-- or that it was no big deal.

But it's because of this sort of thing-- and minor ones-- that I park in a remote corner of the parking lot, way away from other cars AND traffic patterns.
It takes longer to walk to where you're going, but a little extra walking is good for you, AND you can park faster if you don't have to avoid hitting other cars. ;)

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Ahh - lovely.
I wear a leg brace and cannot walk without assistance devices, so I must park close. Usually there's a Handicapped spot for me...but sometimes...don't get me started on what I do to people who park in a Handicapped spot without a placard or plates...

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I saw something equally enjoyable. I shall try and explain.... I'm driving home, and see this jerkwad up ahead - you know the type, he's in a hurry and everyone is driving too slow, so he rides their bumper to encourage them to go faster, and changes lanes with the speed of a Diamondback rattlesnake seizing a mouse, to the fear and shock of those already in the lane.

We come to a yellow light and everyone is slowing to stop, but His Jerkness gets in the left hand turn lane, but he doesn't stop. He gets in the lane, punches the gas to speed past the few cars in front and jumps back into the intersection after everyone has slowed down for the yellow light, almost running the red light.

Well, he pulls the same crap at the next light - and a plain looking little car, with no evidence of being a CHP car comes ablaze with lights on the INSIDE OF THE CAR, a siren blares, and Mr. Undercover CHP has just enough room in the bike lane to squirt around the car in front of him and barrel after His Jerkness.

I felt such a surge of rightness. That today, the universe was looking on, and the universe wasn't going to let this asshole get away with it. There are a lot of a-holes out there, doing their a-holery - but not that day!

Not that day.

Last edited:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Very glad folks were willing to give information to the police officer and the driver of the car that was damaged will get money to repair her car. Some people, like that guy, are just dense.

Judg

DISENCHANTED coming soon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janetursel.com
I don't know if somebody driving a BMW qualifies as a little guy, but still, a great story. Is there any more satisfying trope than the bad guy getting his comeuppance? Even better in real life.

Bettielee, I cheer when I see that some moron who just passed me at 30 mph over the speed limit has been pulled over. I'm petty that way. :D

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
If anyone saw the jackass who took the passenger side mirror off my car at the U last weekend, PM me his info. I'd be more than happy to return the favour for him.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Love it. My friend had her mirror knocked off while she was driving (with my children in her car.) Teenager came over the double yellow line and took out her mirror. Teenager kept going until she noticed that my friend had turned to follow her. The girl stopped and they exchanged information.

When my friend called later to speak to her father, he said that my friend had been over the line and that his daughter had to chase her down and that if she'd like to claim otherwise, she could take them to court.

Nice.

Pepper

I IS PRANCING
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Honestly, I thought I had enough room...

That's it! You shall be smited! :evil

Bettielee, I cheer when I see that some moron who just passed me at 30 mph over the speed limit has been pulled over. I'm petty that way. :D

That's rich. I love it when someone fangs past on the highway, only to be tailed by a highway patrol concealed in the bushes. :D

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
a few years ago, I had just pulled into a parking spot at a convenience store, and was about to get out of my fairly new car, when a man pulls in, gets out of his car, and when he swung his door open, it crashed into the passener side door of my car, hard enough to rock my car!

I raise my hands in the universal WTF sign, and he ignores me, walks on into the store.

Infuriated, I was about to leave, and just write it off as another encounter with an insufferable jerk, but then I remembered that one should never let these chances go. You know, the chances to even up the score?

I opened my glove box, took out a bottle opener. It was one of those old style, metal ones. They call them Church Keys down here in Texas.

I went to his car, and walked Forward to aft. And left, One. Long. Deep. Gash.

Pepper

I IS PRANCING
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Infuriated, I was about to leave, and just write it off as another encounter with an insufferable jerk, but then I remembered that one should never let these chances go. You know, the chances to even up the score?

I opened my glove box, took out a bottle opener. It was one of those old style, metal ones. They call them Church Keys down here in Texas.

I went to his car, and walked Forward to aft. And left, One. Long. Deep. Gash.

I would never have the guts to do that, but I betcha it felt goooood. :D

My father, as a firefighter, had to turn up to a rather bad car accident at a service station.
There was this bloke who had just picked up his new car at the dealership. It was brand new, and had minimal fuel in it, so he was giving it its first tank of petrol before he took it home. Insurance was still in the works.

There was another guy, absolutely hammered, speeding down the road. He fishtailed and ploughed into the service station, flattening the brand new car at the pumps and took out another car in the rebound.

That's gotta suck.

Last edited:

Judg

DISENCHANTED coming soon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janetursel.com
You're allowed to drive a car off the lot before you've got insurance in Oz? Oy. Anywhere I've ever bought a car, you had to have your insurance policy in hand before they'd give you the plates.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
This is why I was always taught to park very far away from othe rpeopel whenever possible. Becaus 'everyone else is an idiot' to quote my father. None of the people in our family have gotten scratches on our cars yet, so I guess it works.