Summer Goal: Finish Book Two

alaskamatt17

Registered
Reaction score
My goal: to finish the second novel in my science fiction trilogy before I go back to school on August 27th.

Progress: As of today, the word count is 114,200 words, and I probably have 60,000-70,000 words left to go. If I keep up a pace of 2,000 words a day, I might be able to make it. Then comes the real work: editing.

Wish me luck! (You don't have to, but it would be nice).

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I wish you all the luck in the world, buddy. I'm starting a sci-fi trilogy myself and am 8,000 words into it as of three days ago. I hope to finish this thing at the end of summer. BTW, you and I are the only two Dinosaur nuts in the whole group. I began here with "Valley of the Mastodons" eight months ago--a non-fiction account of ice age animals discovered in my city. I believe you have a sci-fi book with dinos as players, if I'm not mistaken.

Hang tough, and visit that manuscript everyday like you would a loving wife, and give her all the attention she needs.

Triceratops

black winged fighter

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck! I myself am working on a second novel while editing another, so I sympathize, and I also have school looming ahead of me (mid August!)
So keep going - hope you make it!

alaskamatt17

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the support!

I'm up to almost 140,000 words now, just plowing along.

Triceratops, I'm glad there's at least one other dinosaur enthusiast here. You weren't mistaken about my writing: I have completed one novel about dinosaurs, and this will be the second in the trilogy. I just wish the first one would have introduced the dinosaurs sooner, but the story dictated that I spend about sixty pages with the human cast first--and I always obey the story. In fact, I currently have the last third of an outline to rewrite, because the story took an unexpected turn and now my whole plan for the remainder of book two and most of book three has changed.

Anyways, thanks for the luck-wishing. I wish both of you luck in your endeavors as well.

alaskamatt17

Registered
Reaction score
I just reached 150,000 words. I really hope this thing doesn't go over 190,000. I'm not Tad Williams.

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!
emoteTheWave.gif

alaskamatt17

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the luck-wishing. I just reached 170,000 words today. The end is so close I can taste it. Just another week or so. ...

alaskamatt17

Registered
Reaction score
I FINISHED!!!!!

Final word count: 184,957 words. Whew!

I know I'm supposed to start writing again tomorrow, but my family wants me to take a break, so I think I will. I've already got my next story lined up, though,so when I get back to school it's nose-to-the-grindstone time.

Simran

alaskamatt17 said:
I FINISHED!!!!!

Final word count: 184,957 words. Whew!

I know I'm supposed to start writing again tomorrow, but my family wants me to take a break, so I think I will. I've already got my next story lined up, though,so when I get back to school it's nose-to-the-grindstone time.

WTG! It's always a good idea to take a break and relax. When you go back to your writing, you'll be refreshed and ready to go! Congrats! :Clap: