And now...

DJP

pounding away at the piano..
Registered
Reaction score
So, should we start our own little progress report thread, or house party thread? Anyone else wishing there were still new things in here to check out every day? I know, I know, I should be writing and submitting.....

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thirty-five 'Looky-loos' and no replies? I'll talk to you DJP.

Yes, I miss the Idol.

I miss Will Haskin's point of view on current events. I'm sad that you and Firehorse (Sarah) didn't interact as much with us; I didn't get to know either of you nearly as well as I would have liked.

I like to see how other writers' minds work - it gives me insight into my own mind and my own writing and it makes me better at both thinking and writing.

I know that I have been writing more since I signed up here - more than I have in the past 20+ years. I also know that it's because I am inspired by the conversations I see here.

So - please - start a thread, join a thread, lurk and post Kamikaze style - whatever brings you back and 'talking'. It means a lot to me and perhaps to others too shy to admit it. <wink>

DJP

pounding away at the piano..
Registered
Reaction score
I've always struggled with being a little shy. My hubby even warned me it might be detrimental to the contest if I didn't start contributing to various threads and just get to know people! I've grown to love this place, and I definately want to stick around. If anyone wants to start a little something, I'm open to ideas. I really like the idea of the weekend progress report that's in the humor section, bit I don't feel like I'm the person to head something like that. Suggestions, anyone?:hi:

firehorse

Living the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
I want to write more on the boards, but I get intimidated. I feel like a thread-killer (I can't tell you how many popular threads have gone dead silent after I post), and I wonder if anyone really cares what I have to say. I don't mean that in a self-pity way; I mean it in a low-self-esteem way... if that makes sense.

I definitely participated way more before the contest began; once we were in the marathon, I just kept my nose to the keyboard, as it were.

I'm swamped until Tuesday or Wednesday, but after that, I hope to spend more time looking around and sharing ideas.

skc

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
DJP said:
Anyone else wishing there were still new things in here to check out every day?
Me, speaking of thread-killers. My similarly themed post died a quick death a few days ago. :(

But on the other hand, I was becoming a bit too obsessed with checking the AW threads. I have to step away from forums in general every so often, or I find myself spending far too much time on them.